Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

Mine will be the same as always

Arsenal game to start, then an inter Milan game, then a Villa game after the Jan window, then a game with a top team where I try (and fail) to chase down fergie, usually psg or ajax, with a number of throw away saves littered in between

Think there are some interesting good teams this year, arsenal, Chelsea, maybe even utd, barca overhaul, a chase down psg game with lyon is good (but really hard) I had a decent benfica game on 20 (Porto dropped 5 points one season, you've got to be winning every week too) I've stopped doing Argentinian / Brazilian leagues might try that at some point again 

I really think if they get the debt in there then barca will be a good save 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mine will be the same as always

Arsenal game to start, then an inter Milan game, then a Villa game after the Jan window, then a game with a top team where I try (and fail) to chase down fergie, usually psg or ajax, with a number of throw away saves littered in between

Think there are some interesting good teams this year, arsenal, Chelsea, maybe even utd, barca overhaul, a chase down psg game with lyon is good (but really hard) I had a decent benfica game on 20 (Porto dropped 5 points one season, you've got to be winning every week too) I've stopped doing Argentinian / Brazilian leagues might try that at some point again 

I really think if they get the debt in there then barca will be a good save 

I normally start with Villa and just keep going. I fancy a change this year though. Might have a crack with Dortmund or Inter. Although, Rangers looks like it could be decent and trying to do well in Europe and overthrow Celtic domestically. 

Im about 26 games into my Villa save, but the work permit situation is spoiling it. Couldn’t get a permit for Sergio Gomez on a free. 

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I normally start with Villa and just keep going. I fancy a change this year though. Might have a crack with Dortmund or Inter. Although, Rangers looks like it could be decent and trying to do well in Europe and overthrow Celtic domestically. 

Im about 26 games into my Villa save, but the work permit situation is spoiling it. Couldn’t get a permit for Sergio Gomez on a free. 

I did Dortmund on FM20 and really enjoyed it as they've got great young players but there's challenge there too. Managed to completely end Bayern'a dominance and grab a Champs League win. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I did Dortmund on FM20 and really enjoyed it as they've got great young players but there's challenge there too. Managed to completely end Bayern'a dominance and grab a Champs League win. 

It is very tempting. I imagine on this years it’ll be a challenge keeping Haaland with his release clause. 

Going to have a blast later and see how I get on with Dortmund. 

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It is very tempting. I imagine on this years it’ll be a challenge keeping Haaland with his release clause. 

Going to have a blast later and see how I get on with Dortmund. 

Even if he or Sancho do leave they have some cracking young players coming through, like Reyna, or in their u19s Moukoko who has destroyed u19 scoring records despite being only 16.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Does this game still have the player worth 900k and they want 60m for the player?

That was really irritating on fm202p

I think the solution is they knock the "player value" on the head and then it doesn't look as broken

I think what you end up paying for some players is realistic, its the stated value that's not

Not as bad as fifa though where you can pick up the likes of camavinga as villa for £15m

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Even if he or Sancho do leave they have some cracking young players coming through, like Reyna, or in their u19s Moukoko who has destroyed u19 scoring records despite being only 16.

Is Moukoko on the game now? As he wasn’t before as he’s only just 16 isn’t he. 

Speaking of hot prospects Chukwuemeka (sp) and Barry are both really highly rated and their stats are increasing well even in the first season. I’ve given them both their debuts. 

For a change I thought I’d go for a quick play. Purchased the mobile version. 

Any recommendations who to buy? (I’m Villa). 2 bigish  buys I’ve done, a left winger called Alvaro Garcia and a cb called Vogt. Former Liverpool player Moreno at lb and Pato as back up striker. 

Traore is a goal machine, 9 in 10. Jack has 80m release fee. 

30 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Speaking of hot prospects Chukwuemeka (sp) and Barry are both really highly rated and their stats are increasing well even in the first season. I’ve given them both their debuts. 

Have you got the editor and able to see what their potential is? 

39 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I had him on FM20. Think it was batch/version 2 or 3 or whatever you call it as I downloaded faster Christmas. 

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have you got the editor and able to see what their potential is? 

No, I’ve not got the editor. Just going by the coach reports and both have ⭐⭐⭐⭐️ potential. Plus their base stats are strong and improving all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I had him on FM20. Think it was batch/version 2 or 3 or whatever you call it as I downloaded faster Christmas. 

Ah ok, nice one. I’ll have a look when I fire it up later. 

• Like 1

Finished first season (yes I’ve been pretty unproductive work wise oops). Got 7th and Fa Cup finalist. Should’ve finished higher as was 4th for a long time, form bottomed out last 10 games (although somehow I won manager of month in May despite only one win). Amazingly Alberto Moreno at LB was voted third best player in league behind KDB with Traore winning it despite his goal scoring form dropping. Had 5 players in team of year. Moreno, Grealish, Vogt, Barkley and Traore 

I got manager of the year.

Chelsea want £70m for Barkley.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

On to my usual first save of a Championship team, this season I've gone for Nottingham Forest.

Started off quite well with a few wins in the League Cup and the league.

The game seems quite different this year. I'm not really a fan of the new way they display the fitness and condition of players; the percentages were much clearer. The new versions of the interviews are also quite annoying.

I'm sure in a month or so I will be used to it and it will seem like normal.

22 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Think SI said they werent allowed use him as he was too young

On 27/11/2020 at 12:20, Rds1983 said:

Always find them frustrating to manage,  maybe as hard to get a consistent line up and Reus is always bloody injured

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Always find them frustrating to manage,  maybe as hard to get a consistent line up and Reus is always bloody injured

Reus actually did okay for me injury wise, one spell where he was out for about 15 games but I had squad depth by then, so just about managed to cope. You do lose players so consistency is challenging but you generally get big money for them and can replace and improve the squad. I left to manage Real after w while but was always tempted to go back to Dortmund as I had some great youngsters and that's rare for me. 

Â