Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

As I said I play Classic mode and in my latest game ( as AVFC in the championship ) I have 7 injuries and 1 suspension and I have played only 2 games of the season.I lost 2-1 to Man $ity ( they scored in injury time ) If I had a full squad I would have beaten them easily.With that many injuries the 11 I put on the field are only 70% fit as I dont have the players to rotate the squad.I have always had an injury problem with FM.

I'm currently in my 5th season now, second season with Coventry, currently played 33 games of the season, 4 points off the top of the league and 9 points above 3rd place.

If I can keep this up for another 13 games I'll be in the Premiership baby yeah

Then I can sack off Coventry and move to a decent club instead of managing these horrible arse holes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finished in 15th place in the end, after 34 games I was 9th in the league, my last 3 games were Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal (Arsenal have just won the league by about 20 points) 

Then out of the blue I've been offered the England job, not sure if I want to take it though at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on my Coventry game.

I'm not sure how I'm doing it but I am absolutely storming it at the moment, after finishing 15th I improved on that with 7th place and won the Carabou Cup, then the following season I started off with matches against Arsenal (who are winning the league every season) Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool, I lost 3 of them and managed a draw, then I got another draw or two, at that point I thought the game was just going to make it impossible for me to win a single match no matter what I did.

Made a few tweaks to my tactics, changed the inside forwards to wingers on support and pulled my attacking midfielder back and put him on support and I'm currently sitting in 4th place after 23 games and my whole team have them funky green lines linking them up to say they have good partnerships with each other.

The chairman sold up to a consortium who said that the first thing they were going to do was replace me as manager but they have offered me a new 5 year contract.

All is going well at the moment...a little too well I suspect.

Also Coventry throw out some really good youth players, my goalkeeper came up through the ranks, he is 20 years old and worth £15m and my striker is 21 and worth something like £27m

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I qualified for europe with Sunderland last season and now with the extra games sometimes a player/players from my first team cant play.When I replace him with a player/players from my reserves their form is nearly always not great. How do I get my reserves who dont play every week to have decent form ? 

• 3 weeks later...

i've done it...won the lot with my villa save...the sextuple. every season no matter how dominant my team is there's always one cup that gets away. but finally done it...charity shield, super cup, league, both cups, champions league. i think this is what you call completing it mate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2021 at 22:03, tomav84 said:

i've done it...won the lot with my villa save...the sextuple. every season no matter how dominant my team is there's always one cup that gets away. but finally done it...charity shield, super cup, league, both cups, champions league. i think this is what you call completing it mate.

image.jpeg.d48367081bb7f0c5eaf31ba630d1eb8f.jpeg

• Haha 1

I haven't played FM for a while now, I ploughed 264 hours into my save where I started with Solihul Moors & Coventry, I was still doing pretty well on it but just kind of burnt out in the end, problem with leaving that game is that it is difficult to get back into it if you pick it up after a good few weeks away.

On 15/10/2021 at 22:03, tomav84 said:

Save-scumming how many dozens of times?

Â