Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Anyone got the beta version yet? How’s the Villa squad looking?

Just downloaded and playing around with it at the moment. 

Will say (imo of course) that the newgen faces look extremely smart and realistic — which is a big plus for me. 

• Like 1

Might have to download this today. Was going to refrain, but don’t think I can. 

My wife said to me last night ‘Why don’t you just buy it?’

I responded ‘because I lost 9 months of my life on the last one, playing every waking moment...’

Her face agreed 😂

7 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Youth teams are disappointing, feels like a lot of it is guesswork.

Also Grealish has 11 Decisions, the same as Callum O'Hare...

I have heard Jack can be too greedy... 

Had a little dabble today getting thing set up, and graphics in the game etc. Started with Villa as usual and kept Shakespeare as assistant. Brought in Bergkamp as coach as had a vacancy, and requested additional coaches so created a vacancy and recruited Paul McGuinness. Great stats on him. Also replaced Harrison with the trusty Bryan Klug  

Looking at shipping out surplus squad players. Managed to sell Neil Taylor for £1m to Russia. Nakamba rejected a move to Russia. Elmo has gone to Portland for £1m, so tidying the wage bill and bringing in some funds. 

Brought in Wilshere on a free, 2y deal on 20k a week to replace Lansbury who I’m trying to offload, and signing Rahman from Chelsea to compete with Targett for £3m on 30k. 

Starting squad is much stronger this year. Trez has decent stats. Watkins is ok. Martinez looks strong stats wise. 

Edited by villan-scott

9 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’m upgrading my work computers HDD to SSD this week. FM20 ran sooo slow (processing between games and stuff) so hopefully it’ll help it read the info quicker 

FM21 is meant to run quicker any way. It’s particularly noticeable when saving the game. 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

FM21 is meant to run quicker any way. It’s particularly noticeable when saving the game. 

Literally had half a star processing speed with just the English league loaded and small database. Was a chore. 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Literally had half a star processing speed with just the English league loaded and small database. Was a chore. 

Oh wow! Yes it would be. Fair play for sticking at it with that speed! I play on my Mac Book Air which is about 8 years old. Speed is fine but graphics are terrible! I play on classic 2D.

I abandoned my Baba Rahman deal last minute, as it was about to get confirmed. Loaned Brandon Williams instead. Figured I’d be better off waiting and upgrading left back properly next summer. 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Oh wow! Yes it would be. Fair play for sticking at it with that speed! I play on my Mac Book Air which is about 8 years old. Speed is fine but graphics are terrible! I play on classic 2D.

I abandoned my Baba Rahman deal last minute, as it was about to get confirmed. Loaned Brandon Williams instead. Figured I’d be better off waiting and upgrading left back properly next summer. 

Yeah I always play with the old school 2D view. I changed my laptop HDD to SSD earlier in the year and it plays lightning quicker on there, but my graphics card is like 15 years old and all the text pixelates so I can't play it on there. My PC processor isn't bad so I'm assuming it's just the reading of the data, hopefully the switch to SSD will get my speeds up like with the laptop.

On 11/11/2020 at 20:41, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’m upgrading my work computers HDD to SSD this week. FM20 ran sooo slow (processing between games and stuff) so hopefully it’ll help it read the info quicker 

You play FM on your work computer? My work would block that download and I'd never get any actual work done if they didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You play FM on your work computer? My work would block that download and I'd never get any actual work done if they didn't. 

I had it on mine for years, got caught once playing on it by a guy who thankfully didn't say anything 

My new place doesn't allow it

Just now, villa4europe said:

I had it on mine for years, got caught once playing on it by a guy who thankfully didn't say anything 

My new place doesn't allow it

I can't download anything and the whitelist for Internet sites is very restricted with even some standard news/shopping sites blocked.

Â