Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

15 hours ago, villan-scott said:

84-BF9474-F4-D1-4309-9964-14213-FCAE753.

First Champions League Final with Villa in my first season in the competition. Absolutely crazy 6-6 draw in the final against Dortmund and lost 4-3 on pens. Grealish missed pen number 5 which would have won us the CL 😫

Priority number one for the summer is improving the defence!

I'd say priority number 1 should be getting better penalty takers. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'd say priority number 1 should be getting better penalty takers. 

Had to take off a couple of good takers as they were in the red zone. Still should have won tho!

Signed a few defenders this summer. Lucas Hernandez as a LCB, Juan Miranda for LB and Wilfried Singo for RB. All upgrades on what I have so hopefully makes us tougher to beat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Had to take off a couple of good takers as they were in the red zone. Still should have won tho!

Signed a few defenders this summer. Lucas Hernandez as a LCB, Juan Miranda for LB and Wilfried Singo for RB. All upgrades on what I have so hopefully makes us tougher to beat. 

Situations like that I often let the player run themselves into the ground in the hope they don't get injured (have 6 weeks to recover if they do). I'll even make a 118th minute sub to take a defender off for a striker or something to get another taker on. 

• Like 1

Haaland scored 93 goals in 57 games on my dortmund save

Sold pino, koopmeiners and reyna because they started to moan about lack of games, bought mbappe because psg were pissing me off (**** off marquinhos you tap up merchant) Haaland was again saying no to a new contract cos the squad wasn't good enough, after I signed mbappe he wanted a new one, £650k a week, £200 more than the board will allow... It might come to an end

• Shocked 1

just picked it up again after a few months off it, struggled to get into it at first but just got a 5th place and FA cup win with villa in 2023/2024 season. very chuffed.

anyone else struggling for cash though? thought our owners would keep pumping the cash in but getting very modest transfer kittys each summer?

15 hours ago, villan-scott said:

How’s it going? 

Pretty painful, reminds me of the Villa careers under Lerner. 

Promoted in second, 10 games left and 8 clear of relegation spots, need to sign about 7 players in the summer and I’ll probably get 10-15 million.

Started a game unemployed with not so many badges or experience. Somehow ended up at Rijeka in Croatian league and think landed on my feet. Croatia is always a place for young talent and trying to stop Dinamo isnt easy

Somebody mentioned Livakovic earlier but I think Croatian goalkeepers are powered up, I had the no. 3 Dinamo keeper on loan and he was brilliant at 21

On 03/04/2021 at 16:56, villa4europe said:

Haaland scored 93 goals in 57 games on my dortmund save

Sold pino, koopmeiners and reyna because they started to moan about lack of games, bought mbappe because psg were pissing me off (**** off marquinhos you tap up merchant) Haaland was again saying no to a new contract cos the squad wasn't good enough, after I signed mbappe he wanted a new one, £650k a week, £200 more than the board will allow... It might come to an end

Please link me to this GODTACTIC

• 2 weeks later...

new owners on my villa save who are desperate to sack me. twice had to save my job. just got to the champions league; dortmund and barca in my group and expectations are still to qualify for knockouts. i'll do well to survive till xmas

• 2 months later...

Kind of a funny thing, I signed this guy Szymon Czyż from Lazio on a free in my old Warta Poznan save in the 21 summer transfer window.

Today I got a notification from the club's twitter account that they actually signed him in real life.

Master GIF by memecandy

• Like 1

Started a game with Arsenal recently and got sacked by January. First time I've been sacked on FM21.

The Arsenal team and squad is shocking; needs at least a few seasons to sort it out which the board don't give you.

21 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Started a game with Arsenal recently and got sacked by January. First time I've been sacked on FM21.

The Arsenal team and squad is shocking; needs at least a few seasons to sort it out which the board don't give you.

on my villa save i've had to talk myself out of the sack 2-3 times

its at the point now where minimum expectations are to win the league, win the FA cup, and make the champions league final. 2-3 seasons ago i did none of the 3 and was very close to the sack

strange thing happened the other week though, one of my players came out as gay. that was a first.

IMG-20210620-WA0001.jpg

Edited by tomav84

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

on my villa save i've had to talk myself out of the sack 2-3 times

its at the point now where minimum expectations are to win the league, win the FA cup, and make the champions league final. 2-3 seasons ago i did none of the 3 and was very close to the sack

strange thing happened the other week though, one of my players came out as gay. that was a first.

IMG-20210620-WA0001.jpg

Having never had a player come out on a save before I then had 3 come out in 4 seasons on my last Villa save. 

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only got FM about a month ago, first one I've played in about 10 years.

Took me a couple of attempts to get the hang of this one, currently playing with Solihull Moors, started in the Vanorama National and I've got back to back promotions and I'm now in League One, the board wants me to "battle bravely against relegation" I'm currently 12 points above the drop zone after 21 games so its all going pretty well at the moment.

I've been invited for interviews with Carlisle, Oxford, Barnsley and Middlesbrough so far but I've turned them all down.

Oh and Dean Smith is managing Charlton in League One, The Villa are 10th in the league and Jack is worth £69m and is playing for Man City.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2021 at 17:16, leemond2008 said:

I only got FM about a month ago, first one I've played in about 10 years.

Took me a couple of attempts to get the hang of this one, currently playing with Solihull Moors, started in the Vanorama National and I've got back to back promotions and I'm now in League One, the board wants me to "battle bravely against relegation" I'm currently 12 points above the drop zone after 21 games so its all going pretty well at the moment.

I've been invited for interviews with Carlisle, Oxford, Barnsley and Middlesbrough so far but I've turned them all down.

Oh and Dean Smith is managing Charlton in League One, The Villa are 10th in the league and Jack is worth £69m and is playing for Man City.

nice work

managed to fend off interest for jack in mine. he ended up in china for the last couple of years of his career

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

nice work

managed to fend off interest for jack in mine. he ended up in china for the last couple of years of his career

I ended up finishing 8th in League One, played the first game of my 4th season and won that 2-0

I think I'm going to struggle this season though, I haven't made any signings of note and my (already very limited) transfer budget has been slashed because they are building a new ground for £8m

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

How do you guys handle injuries and the time it takes just to finish pre - season ?

Because of the above I only play FM Classic and even then I use 50% less injuries editor data.

I've not come across any major injury difficulties on it, every now and again I'll feel the pinch but I haven't got to the point where I'm struggling to put a team out.

I've just finished my 4th season.

1st season - Solihull Moors -(Vanorama National) promotion via playoffs

2nd season - Solihull Moors - (League 2) promotion via playoffs

3rd season - Solihull Moors - (league 1) finished 8th

4th season - Jumped ship and took the job at Coventry in the Championship - They wanted me to battle bravely against relegation and I finished in 11th place.

I'm just trying to work my way into a premier league job.

• Like 1

Â