Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Are you playing the full version? I guess you are 12 months in...several variables in play by then.

Yes, full version. And yes, 12 months in. I'd read something about covid being implemented but not in an obvious way. More scheduling and finances, so I figured that's why I was able to get them easily?

But that just seemed over the top unrealistic to be honest.

Going to finish 6th by the looks, which I'll take. Considering I lost Grealish for 5 months again. Lost Martinez for 5 months. Watkins for 3 months. All at he same time toward the end of the season.

Anyone had much luck with youth intakes? I've had a young lad come through in the first season who is excellent. Think hes going to be a superstar. Really excited to watch him develop. 

On 13/02/2021 at 08:48, Mjvilla said:

So, the transfer market. Too easy in this one? After finishing 9th in the first season and expecting a tough summer, couldn't believe what I achieved.

In:

Tonali (13m),

Badiashile (10m)

Sangare (9m)

Wober (10m)

Hlozek (11m)

Olise (9m)

Kaio Jorge (9m)

Out:

Hause (7m)

Trez (21m)

Now sit fourth and looking like champions League material. I don't know if I've done something wrong here because it just seemed far too easy. I was given 46m to spend and the with the sales, managed to get probably every position I could've wanted. I bid 21m for wijndal - it's the only bid I had rejected. The rest were negotiated to just slightly above those figures, which I negotiated down.

It looks and feels like I've just done a footie man wonderkid search and picked some off a list. I'd never heard of Jorge or badiashile before, and only bought them on scouts recommendations. Olise is someone I wanted to sign before I bought the game. Sangare was because of what I read on here. 

Has anyone else found it this easy?

I agree too. I’m Dortmund and my team is ridiculous. Names you wouldn’t expect to be able to sign for anything reasonable. Ruben Dias, Foden, Greenwood, Fati & TAA. I’ll post my team later when I load up my laptop. 

Won the CL in my 3rd season and had an unbeaten league campaign. Waiting for the update and will start a new save I think. 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Livakovic is the same for me, scout him 5 star must buy, buy him and he drops to 3 star, every time 

Yeah, he’s decent. Can definitely be upgraded though. I’m waiting for a regen to take his throne. Could go and get Donnarumma but he’d want crazy money, so prepared to play the long game as Livakovic is fine for now. TAA and Nino Mendes are brilliant, like playing with 4 wingers. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Nuno Mendes is in my villa team on FIFA, got a buy out clause of £42m I think on FM, makes me wonder if he'll be the next Portuguese kid getting a big move in real life 

They've got some good players on this game 

Yeah I bought Mendes for his buyout. It was £50m on my save. I did second guess signing him, but glad I did. I paid £83m for TAA. I’m trying to Hoover up all the best German regens as the board want me to sign Germans - but the ones that are good enough either play for Bayern or Chelsea and not worth what they’d want for them. 

Got the touch version, had to buy a new Tablet that would run it. 

Started as Chesterfield, I haven't put time into an FM game since about 2008, and my god its changed a lot. 

I got sacked in February. The tactics are quite bewildering now days, so many different options. 

Any heads up on how to build a tactic? I don't want to go the route of finding one online and destroying everyone. 

I started with a 442 and got off to a good start. I won a Pre-Season game 10-0 and thought 'is this gonna be too easy' then struggled. Switched to a 541 and that changed my fortunes but then went on a terrible run. I wasn't even creating chances. 

I think I need to pour a large glass of wine tonight and invest a few hours reading some tips. I love the challenge of starting lower down the Leagues but I'm thinking I may need to takeover a club with very low expectations just so I can tinker through a season without the threat of being sacked. 

11 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Got the touch version, had to buy a new Tablet that would run it. 

Started as Chesterfield, I haven't put time into an FM game since about 2008, and my god its changed a lot. 

I got sacked in February. The tactics are quite bewildering now days, so many different options. 

Any heads up on how to build a tactic? I don't want to go the route of finding one online and destroying everyone. 

I started with a 442 and got off to a good start. I won a Pre-Season game 10-0 and thought 'is this gonna be too easy' then struggled. Switched to a 541 and that changed my fortunes but then went on a terrible run. I wasn't even creating chances. 

I think I need to pour a large glass of wine tonight and invest a few hours reading some tips. I love the challenge of starting lower down the Leagues but I'm thinking I may need to takeover a club with very low expectations just so I can tinker through a season without the threat of being sacked. 

If you’re a podcast listener, The Athletic has a free podcast with lots of staff interviews which is helpful.

• Like 1

I'll give it a listen. 

Started up a new save as Bath City. Most local playable non league club to where I live. 

I've concentrated on a 451 tactic. Made 3 versions of it, balanced, attacking and defensive. 

It seems to be that focusing your play on having a big lump up top is the way to go in the lower leagues, so I signed some 15 stone beast on a free. I've probably destroyed the wage budget and plunged us into heavy debt, but I'll give it a whirl 😂

• Like 1

The new winter update was released last night. Decent upgrades for Grealish and Martinez following their form this season. Going to start a Villa save. 

Feels tough looking at the squad, as it’s light, and no money to spend at the start. Going to look into the loan market to get me through my first season I think. 

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The new winter update was released last night. Decent upgrades for Grealish and Martinez following their form this season. Going to start a Villa save. 

Feels tough looking at the squad, as it’s light, and no money to spend at the start. Going to look into the loan market to get me through my first season I think. 

My brother hasn't played for about 15 years and he's thinking of getting it and asked what villa are like. I said 'martinez, jack, cash, targett and konsa are all underated. You have no money to spend, the owners clearly aren't rated as all that rich which is completely wrong. But, there's some good youngsters.' I think I summed it up nicely. 

Glad to hear those 2 have upgrades. I think after a full season, the others should all get upgrades too. 

18 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

My brother hasn't played for about 15 years and he's thinking of getting it and asked what villa are like. I said 'martinez, jack, cash, targett and konsa are all underated. You have no money to spend, the owners clearly aren't rated as all that rich which is completely wrong. But, there's some good youngsters.' I think I summed it up nicely. 

Glad to hear those 2 have upgrades. I think after a full season, the others should all get upgrades too. 

Yeah Targett and Cash have had a boost too as far as I can see. Solid Premier League full backs now. The first 11 is good, beyond that, as in real life, needs some work. Sanson looks good and rated the best CM. 

The bank balance at the start of the save is £20m in the red which is shocking and frustrating. 

I’ve spent my evening wheeling and dealing in my Villa save. Sold El Ghazi for 8m to Palace and Nakamba for 6.5m to Zenit. 

Somehow managed to bag Edouard, for a deal totalling 18m with just 6m up front. Happy with that. Also got Thiago Almada for a deal totalling £8m (I’ve never actually signed him before!), and Phillip Billing on loan. 

Got £3m left and want another centre back, but can’t get Celtic to accept a structured deal for Ajer with £3m up front and bucket loads of add ons. 

Any suggestions for a good centre back I can pick up for a decent price?

Edited by villan-scott

14 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

None of the youngsters made it in my save, I have chuck running his contract down and then he'll leave, I sold Ramsey then bought him back then wish I hadn't 

Shame the touch version doesn't have editor, in the mood for a good villa save with a few -9 and maybe even Barry and chuck at -10 don't sign anyone "challenge" 

46 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve spent my evening wheeling and dealing in my Villa save. Sold El Ghazi for 8m to Palace and Nakamba for 6.5m to Zenit. 

Somehow managed to bag Edouard, for a deal totalling 18m with just 6m up front. Happy with that. Also got Thiago Almada for a deal totalling £8m (I’ve never actually signed him before!), and Phillip Billing on loan. 

Got £3m left and want another centre back, but can’t get Celtic to accept a structured deal for Ajer with £3m up front and bucket loads of add ons. 

Any suggestions for a good centre back I can pick up for a decent price?

Get Ugarte as your Nakamba replacement 

• Like 1

Â