October Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish in 2020/1?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/20 at 22:59

I'd still be happy with a comfortable upper-bottom half finish that sees us nowhere near the relegation fight. I think that's at the very least what we have right now, although a top half finish is not beyond us.

The 11-17 bracket needs splitting  its the difference between predicting a season of struggle or an exceptional season by our recent standards. 

I think we're heading for 12th or above as it stands. But injuries could have a huge impact on us, more so than many other teams outside the bottom 5 or so. 

• Like 3

I'm sticking with my prediction before the season started which was 8th. Do I think it'll happen? No, but I'm sticking to my guns regardless.

I am very optimistic regardless of where we finish though as it feels like the club has really turned a corner. I haven't felt this much optimism since the MON era. 

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The 11-17 bracket needs splitting  its the difference between predicting a season of struggle or an exceptional season by our recent standards. 

I think we're heading for 12th or above as it stands. But injuries could have a huge impact on us, more so than many other teams outside the bottom 5 or so. 

Just about to write this same point.  In our position that bracket is huge, no matter how much business we do this will most probably be where we end up.

11th to 14th and 15th to 17th would give a lot more information of fans confidence.

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Just about to write this same point.  In our position that bracket is huge, no matter how much business we do this will most probably be where we end up.

11th to 14th and 15th to 17th would give a lot more information of fans confidence.

Or people could post in this thread to explain their vote....

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Or people could post in this thread to explain their vote....

Of course they can, but the information that the graph collects is the first thing people will take note of.

I have gone 11-17th. Last month I was thinking that a realistic target would have been top of the bottom six, now I'm thinking we really can target mid table and with a bit of luck can get into the top half. We don't want to let our hopes become expectations just yet, although doing a Leicester and CL qualification, could be waiting just around the corner. :D 

On 30/09/2020 at 18:20, yayoboy said:

10th, and yes I am still delirious from the turnaround that's happening at the club, but we deserve to be!

Very optimistic for this year, I think we will win the Carabao too 😍

excited jack mcbrayer GIF by Team Coco

One down, one to go. 

Villa will sap this delirious optimism from you soon enough :)

• Haha 2

I have also gone 11th to 17th. Happy with the transfer business although am "Average" as per our rospects this season. Reason for not being overly optimistic is i still have concerns about the squad.

Central defence is a worry and i feel we need one more in as cover. Having Elmo playing there in the cup surely highlights how weak we are in that position?

LB position is very average in my view. Targett is just shocking defensively and barely ever stops the cross coming in.

Wings still concern me as Traore still has .he Jury out (Especially after the Stoke no show) ditto ElGhazi is always a worry as we all know.

So it has been a good summer but i still feel we need more for me to be optimistic.

Should have enough to be better than last season however... so 11th to 17th for me.

I'll be extremely shocked if we dont finish 11-17. We've significantly improved the team on last year, both in absolute terms and relative to others around us.

Given the intense fixture list,  everyone will likely struggle with injuries this season,  but obviously we're at risk more than others given anyone that we bring in as a replacement is a large part of the reason we finished 17th. 

With that in mind, moving up a few places is to be expected. Even a few more may be achievable if things go swimmingly. But to go from 17th to 10th would be a massive improvement and is incredibly unlikely.  Still, I won't complain if we do it :).

11-17th

Feeling optimistic

I think 14th to 16th.The reason is that although we have 4 wins from 4 games,look at the standard of the oppostion.Two lower division teams and 2 Pl teams that have a total of 1 PL season between them in the last 2 seasons.I am probably the only one that thinks this but the way I see it is.Last season we had a lot of displays like the Stoke one where ( the First team ) didnt show any commitment or any intrest in winning,or even trying.The only thing that has changed is we have a few better players which should result in a higher position.IMHO DS does not have the motovation skills or the tactical nous to do well in this division.I hope I am wrong because Villa are my team and I want them to do well but I feel the players are doing it on their owne.Time will tell.