Ross Barkley

LondonLax

This makes no sense to me. He was trash here. I know we need some cover, be this doesn't make sense, he's had his chance and was terrible, he's older and slower now and having had a good season will be expecting a payday. 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

This makes no sense to me. He was trash here. I know we need some cover, be this doesn't make sense, he's had his chance and was terrible, he's older and slower now and having had a good season will be expecting a payday. 

He wasn't trash. He was brilliant before his first injury. 

He's also not playing in the same position and won't be starting week in week out. 

Adds quality to the squad and will know everyone. 

• Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

Genuine question, do you trust Emery to get the best out of him?

I don't care tbh..... Lets bring back all the previous shit signings and loans. 

I think we've got a brilliant manager however even he couldn't turn Dendoncker into Kamara 2.0 or turn Tim into a player he could trust in Kamara's absence so what is your point? 

• Confused 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

He's also not playing in the same position and won't be starting week in week out. 

He was good linking up with Jack before Jacks injury I'll give you that, when we were Top 4 or whatever it was going into December. As soon as Jack was injured, Barkley was terrible. He suddenly couldn't get past a man, didn't track back, didn't get involved and was a statue off the ball.

When everything was going in our favour, yeah he was good. But when it wasn't he was non existant, hé was the definition of a luxury player.

Ironically, that clip of Rashford not moving as Barkley walked past him this season, is exactly what Barkley was like post Christmas when he was here.

44 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

That's £25m in today's money then

I'm thinking him and Luton may have a " Gentleman's agreement " or something in writing which would allow him to go for a low fee, especially if relegated.

May have been a condition of him joining imo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't care tbh..... Lets bring back all the previous shit signings and loans. 

I think we've got a brilliant manager however even he couldn't turn Dendoncker into Kamara 2.0 or turn Tim into a player he could trust in Kamara's absence so what is your point? 

Don't see how Dendoncker and Tim are relevant when they are completely different players and have never displayed the quality Barkley has at some points in his career. Point is if Emery sees something in a player we should trust that.

He has been one of the better midfielders this season in the Premier League outside top 4. So yes please. Much rather go with one who just had a great PL season that one from Spain who will be 50/50 for failure the first 6 months.

I get that we should trust Unai and people will say they were sceptical of Tielemans, but we've already done this dance before.

Maybe he covers Dougie's position, maybe he covers JJ and Rogers'. I'm just not sure I want to be relying on Ross Barkley next season and I do worry that if he's seen as covering Rogers that we may think we can move somebody like JJ on to fund a starter somewhere else on the squad. Which would be a terrible mistake imo. Hopefully that's not the route we're going

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It wouldn't be a free though, wouldn't he have  a few years left on his contract at luton?

Just read an article that it is a free. But read a couple of others that are saying he has a year left. 

Just now, DaoDeMings said:

Don't see how Dendoncker and Tim are relevant when they are completely different players and have never displayed the quality Barkley has at some points in his career. Point is if Emery sees something in a player we should trust that.

Add the fact that Emery did not sign Dendonker, so is not comparable with Emery following a player in PL throughout the season and find he will be a right choice for his preferred style and team,

Telegraph are saying that this isnt even a free transfer, they say he has a contract in to next season, so it would be a purchase.

32 appearances in the PL last season with 5 goals and 4 assists. Not bad numbers for a guy who was playing much further back. 

I think he’s a the type of smart business we need to do this summer! 

Danny Devito GIFs | Tenor

Wow. I really hope the bookies and the ITK's are wrong on this one. 30 years old, been a bit injury prone in the past and is only going to get worse, and not known for working hard. 4 year deal is ridiculous too. He looked okay in a poor Luton team filled with lower league quality players. That's it.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Telegraph are saying that this isnt even a free transfer, they say he has a contract in to next season, so it would be a purchase.

I think the hope on here is it's under 4 or 5 million

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Which is a concern with him rather than a good thing 

Â