WM Football phone in

Follyfoot

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Its brilliant at times, you can get catch up on BBC sounds next day, well worth a listen, you can almost imagine them sucking on lemons whilst phoning in 

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I check in here for the highlights, then go looking for them on the BBC sounds app. It's a fascinating listen. These people walk among us, and that's a scary thought.

any recommendations for highlights?

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a drunk on tonight, couldn't decide which other teams fans he wanted to slag off, then got booted for swearing

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I turned it on in the car a while back, while my wife (importantly for this story, not from the UK but from Canada, and not well-versed in anything to do with football) was in with me. They were talking about Blues playing two strikers, and some bloke texted in something along the lines of 'if they're going to play two up top, they should be managed by Dolly Parton'. She was absolutely baffled by this, and I had to spend the next 10 minutes explaining this **** joke, and at the end of it I still don't think she understood the connection between Dolly Parton's tits and playing two strikers, and the more I explained it, frankly the less I understood it as well.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I turned it on in the car a while back, while my wife (importantly for this story, not from the UK but from Canada, and not well-versed in anything to do with football) was in with me. They were talking about Blues playing two strikers, and some bloke texted in something along the lines of 'if they're going to play two up top, they should be managed by Dolly Parton'. She was absolutely baffled by this, and I had to spend the next 10 minutes explaining this **** joke, and at the end of it I still don't think she understood the connection between Dolly Parton's tits and playing two strikers, and the more I explained it, frankly the less I understood it as well.

That is hilarious on multiple levels. The bloke texting that must have been at least 60 for starters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That is hilarious on multiple levels. The bloke texting that must have been at least 60 for starters.

Can highly recommend the experience of being married to a foreigner for these occasional moments of clarity, when you look at your culture through uncomprehending eyes and think what the **** are we up to here, honestly.

As you say, all the callers are clearly really senior in years. This was one of her questions, aren't there any younger British celebrities with large tits? But I guess for the geezers in the WM Phone In crowd, Dolly had the perfect pair in nineteen dickety and that's the end of the story as far as tits are concerned.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Nighttime’s on WM 03/12 at around 11 mins will do for a start

This was Papa Don't Preach by Madonna

If that was an intended joke then I tip my cap to you. Great dedication

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This was Papa Don't Preach by Madonna

If that was an intended joke then I tip my cap to you. Great dedication

Try Evenings rather than night time as above, was only genuinely trying to help

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't a dig. I laughed my head off :D 

After that one scroll through the phone in on the the 09th November and have a listen to Dan from Walsall the Walsall fan 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

There was a drunk on tonight, couldn't decide which other teams fans he wanted to slag off, then got booted for swearing

Probably some bloke who overindulged on the advent calendar his missus gave him 😉

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, welnik said:

This should be interesting tomorrow night. Come on Eddie, talk us through this one eh?

It will be Grealish getting him sent off then Hause not getting the same zzzzzzzz

Not sure what happened to Thommo tonight but actually enjoyed listening to Richard Wilford's commentary tonight. For someone who's spent about 20 years on SHA games very professional stuff and puts Paul Franks to shame.

Bomber Brown gushing in praise for us aswell.

Dont think its on tonight because Wolves kick-off at 6.00pm so will have to wait until tomorrow for Eddie to phone in.

If anyone fancies a game of Eddie Bingo lets see how  many of these we can Tick Off.

Goal line Technology

Grealish Diving

Cheating

Not a Red

Little Aston

Hause Red Card

Shouldnt even be in this league

Not a Penalty.

• Haha 1

Â