WM Football phone in

Follyfoot

16 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

I can barely get the football phone in on the sounds app anymore? Last one on there is 24th september. Is it still on every night?

Yes mate from six till seven now. If you log onto the BBC website and create an account you can reply each days episode 👍

• Like 1

Since moving away from the midlands 12 years ago I’ve not listened to BBC WM, reading back through this thread though has rekindled fond memories of just how desperately jealous the small heath, boggies and dog heads can be. I’ve missed winding the rocket polishers up on a Monday morning. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Since moving away from the midlands 12 years ago I’ve not listened to BBC WM, reading back through this thread though has rekindled fond memories of just how desperately jealous the small heath, boggies and dog heads can be. I’ve missed winding the rocket polishers up on a Monday morning. 

I remember before saying my son will have free choice who he supports. But I've since decided he isn't joining any of those bitter, obsessed fan bases or glory hunting either, so it's AVFC or no one.

'Whether you support the Villa or another local team, you'll only be looking out for the Villa result either way son'.

• Like 3

It's so true. I have no idea how the other teams have done this weekend, or any other weekends - absolutely no interest unless the result directly affects us.

I don't get upset or care if they win, lose or draw, or by how many - again, unless it is against us. 

That said, I do like having more Midlands teams in the prem, it feels right. Not SHA though, they should stay in the lower leagues where they belong. Wolves, WBA, Forest and Stoke I am happy to see in the prem, although even then, I would only take a passing interest in their results as to how it affects us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

I remember before saying my son will have free choice who he supports. But I've since decided he isn't joining any of those bitter, obsessed fan bases or glory hunting either, so it's AVFC or no one.

'Whether you support the Villa or another local team, you'll only be looking out for the Villa result either way son'.

My parents told me aged 10 I could support who I liked but if it was anyone but the Villa I would have to leave home at 16. ( It was in jest as had been a season ticket for a few years by then anyway) 

My lads had no choice whatsoever but understand how important it is as a long held family tradition 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Pray tell..............

Nothing too tragic like SHA or anything but my old man is a Wolves fan.

There's a couple of pics of me aged around 4 decked out in a retro shirt and Wolves flat cap 🤮

Tbf I always quite liked them as a child.  Not as keen now but I don't mind them doing well as long as we do better,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm living proof that it's not always best to follow your old man.

My dad's a Leeds fan. Credit where it's due though, he never tried to inflict that disease on me.

8 hours ago, leighavfc said:

I can barely get the football phone in on the sounds app anymore? Last one on there is 24th september. Is it still on every night?

They have cocked it up a bit as its not listed as the Football Phone in and just gets lumped in with Evenings on WM, its the first hour (6 till 7.00)

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Nothing too tragic like SHA or anything but my old man is a Wolves fan.

There's a couple of pics of me aged around 4 decked out in a retro shirt and Wolves flat cap 🤮

Tbf I always quite liked them as a child.  Not as keen now but I don't mind them doing well as long as we do better,

‘Her’ family are all dog heads so understand the mentality, harmless bunch and not real rivals to us other than the rivalry they have tried so hard cultivate to get noticed . The new dork at school trying to get attention, me , me look at me

Edited by Follyfoot

My dad was a die hard villa fan but never made me choose I remember watching the 94 Cup final though and knowing it was the team for me. Ironically now he's mellowed into a 'want all the Midlands clubs to do well' fellers (apart from small heath) 

Really not sure about this new presenter Henry Liston, seems to have no real personality And the fact he keeps banging on about himself being a Liverpool supporter It’s not really relevant to WM phone in regarding Midland teams. In reality he should not disclose who he supports or talk about it, You can tell that Rigo thinks he is dealing with a child

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Really not sure about this new presenter Henry Liston, seems to have no real personality And the fact he keeps banging on about himself being a Liverpool supporter It’s not really relevant to WM phone in regarding Midland teams. In reality he should not disclose who he supports or talk about it, You can tell that Rigo thinks he is dealing with a child

He was commenting (in the ten minutes I heard the other night) how he has yet to speak to many of the WM Phone-In Family "Legends", hahahaha. In for a huge disappointment mate.

The only Nose who isn't bitter is Ken The rasta. The others like "Polly" and "Pete from Erdo" are just complete nobbers.

Even some of the Villa fans are boring, like Jason the taxi driver and Si, who is actually a woman but sounds like a 12 year old boy.

All the Wolveszzz fans send you to sleep but King Of Boring words removed is Terry the baggy who delights in telling how he got married in 1950-something and still managed to get to an Olbiyun game in the afternoon.

Shut up you boring word removed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

like Jason the taxi driver and Si, who is actually a woman but sounds like a 12 year old boy.

All the Wolveszzz fans send you to sleep but King Of Boring words removed is Terry the baggy who delights in telling how he got married in 1950-something and still managed to get to an Olbiyun game in the afternoon.

Shut up you boring word removed.

I always imagine when Jason calls in, he's parked up, phone tucked between his shoulder and chins, finishing off a kebab. I thought the same about Si...."an annoying school boy who is probably teacher's pet" then i found out she was totally blind and i felt a bit bad for how I'd portrayed her. She still banged on about Gabby being the answer to all our problems during our relegation season !

Terry.....yeah, drones on like uncle albert.....had a stroke recently so i tend to lay off him now. I just wish Prat (Pat) the walsall doghead calls in again. He has so much bitterness for one who is quite young; a proper immature idiot who has no respect for anyone who aint wolves. The way he once refused to say hello  to richard sneekes was totally embarrassing and showed him up to be a clearing in the woods. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I noticed the Dogheads have a 90 page thread on Radio WM. Most of it claiming Franksy & Reago are biased towards the Villa.

They obviously didn't listen the year Wolveszzzz were the only team in the top flight.

They covered every **** game, some weeks Villa didn't even get a commentary.

Â