Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Bertie is our most gifted player and some. 
I really want him to stay  - he can do things that others can only dream about.

Unai is clearly favouring Bailey at this moment, but this could prove to be a very long season and I would hope to see more of Bertie as the season unfolds 

I wonder why. 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Traore was good that first season because he didn't have to be the main guy. Jack and on occasions Barkley were the main guys. Traore struggled and looked out of his depth when we lost other players and more responsibility for the final 3rd fell to him. 

He's definitely capable of playing a part this season. Especially against weaker opposition in Europe. 

Let’s not forget there were no crowds.  Even Bamford scored 16.

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bertie is great when things are going well with the off cameo. If he was part of a team that went on a losing run he would get crucified on here. 

Every single player who plays and has ever played gets crucified on here when we’re on a losing run. 

• Like 2

obviously he was playing against a team the equivalent of The English National league   , but he looked quite slick and sharp the other night ...

This tournament could really suit him 

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

obviously he was playing against a team the equivalent of The English National league   , but he looked quite slick and sharp the other night ...

This tournament could really suit him 

No, their budget is League One. 

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder why. 

That is a fair question  - Is Bailey a better footballer than Bertie ? Absolutely not imo.

Is Bertie enigmatic, frustrating, inconsistent ? Well yes of course he is.

Can Bailey do anything with a football that Bertie can’t and some ?  Well clearly no!.

This is where you pay your money and takes your choice.

I want players who can entertain and produce moments of magic. Something that Bertie has in his locker in abundance.

Bailey yes if you want a safer option then go for it..

6 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

That is a fair question  - Is Bailey a better footballer than Bertie ? Absolutely not imo.

Is Bertie enigmatic, frustrating, inconsistent ? Well yes of course he is.

Can Bailey do anything with a football that Bertie can’t and some ?  Well clearly no!.

This is where you pay your money and takes your choice.

I want players who can entertain and produce moments of magic. Something that Bertie has in his locker in abundance.

Bailey yes if you want a safer option then go for it..

In my opinion. First question - yes he is, a lot better. 

3rd question - well he can head a ball.

You take the odd moment of entertainment. I’ll take what’s best for the team. Thankfully Emery will do the same. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In my opinion. First question - yes he is, a lot better. 

3rd question - well he can head a ball.

You take the odd moment of entertainment. I’ll take what’s best for the team. Thankfully Emery will do the same. 

A couple of things - Can Bailey head a ball better than Bert? Tbh - I would back Bert to have scored against Hibs in the same way that Bailey did - can I honestly give you any other other comparisons of their heading abilities ? No I really cannot.

In regards to Unai doing what is best for the team - I do agree and I don’t for one moment think Bailey will be in our starting 11 come the end of January - I’m not even convinced he will be come the end of this window ?

19 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

A couple of things - Can Bailey head a ball better than Bert? Tbh - I would back Bert to have scored against Hibs in the same way that Bailey did - can I honestly give you any other other comparisons of their heading abilities ? No I really cannot.

In regards to Unai doing what is best for the team - I do agree and I don’t for one moment think Bailey will be in our starting 11 come the end of January - I’m not even convinced he will be come the end of this window ?

This maybe true. But I can guarantee Traore won’t be in our starting 11. But he’ll never get the stick Bailey gets.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This maybe true. But I can guarantee Traore won’t be in our starting 11. But he’ll never get the stick Bailey gets.

No neither do I think this tbh with you - but if I am chasing a goal and look behind me and see Bailey / Traore sitting next to each other - I know exactly who I’m chucking on and it’s not Bailey 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

No neither do I think this tbh with you - but if I am chasing a goal and look behind me and see Bailey / Traore sitting next to each other - I know exactly who I’m chucking on and it’s not Bailey 

Each to their own.

• Like 1

Â