Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

His best is absolutely good enough to come off of our bench and we've seen everyone improve out of sight under Emery. Sensible move given he's already on our books.

Might bump up any potential value we get for him if he does end up leaving in the summer as well.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Bert ball!

I do worry about his defensive work...

Playing as either one of the more forward midfield 2 or, more likely,  the alternative to Bailey he shouldn't have much defending to do. 

He has won a few balls pressing defenders in the past too, so it's not totally beyond him. Emery will sharpen him up, surely. 

Traore with a bit of a point to prove under Emery could be good until the summer, I’m happy he’s back. I think he’ll be back up to Bailey for our SS position, which I think in this set up he’d do well in. I had a feeling Gerrard sent him out on loan because he didn’t know how to use him. 

• Like 1

Good move by Emery.

I'm interested to see how Traoré gets on under the tutelage of a better manager.

Remember Traoré's stats under Smith were good and in what was a struggling team - 36 appearances, 7 goals, six assists.

In a better team with a good strategy, training etc I think he could be very good for us. Traoré also has been given the chance to prove his worth and continue to have a career with Aston Villa.

Just hope he's fit.

I can't believe I'm saying this, given the fact I think he's been very, very poor at times, but I think he actually could be quite useful in the role Bailey is playing now.
The problem with both Bailey and Traore is that they're either brilliant or they look like they've never kicked a ball before. There doesn't seem to be an in between. 

One thing about Traore though is, he's as mad as a box of frogs on the pitch. He's fun even when he's crap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Traore and Ings are the masters of the eyes closed cross field smashed volley.

Theres only ever room for one of them in the squad at any one point in time.

Man oh man, I used to love and hate that in equal measure. Cash would just throw him the ball and he'd whack it as high and as far to the other side of the pitch as he could. The best thing about it was, if he miscued it, it almost guaranteed the opposition striker would be in on goal. MENTAL. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, given the fact I think he's been very, very poor at times, but I think he actually could be quite useful in the role Bailey is playing now.
The problem with both Bailey and Traore is that they're either brilliant or they look like they've never kicked a ball before. There doesn't seem to be an in between. 

One thing about Traore though is, he's as mad as a box of frogs on the pitch. He's fun even when he's crap. 

However in a team struggling (under Smith) Traoré still got - 36 appearances, 7 goals, 6 assists.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
Typo

Not quite the deadline day winger that I had been hoping for, when he's fit UE will do exceptionally well to get a consistently good performance out of him, that said the player has always had it in him and UE does like a challenge.  

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sensible - I think it gives Unai a look at him properly and we’ve seen him get rid of those he doesn’t rate so Bertie fully deserves a chance. 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

However in a team struggling under Smith Traoré still got - 36 appearances, 7 goals, 6 assists.

Hey, I don't doubt it. Some very good goals as well. However, in those 36 appearances, he was probably abject in at least 20 of them. He's not consistent enough and he doesn't have a long term future here. But hey, I'm here for the ride. 

Â