Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I havent seen nothing yet from Bailey apart from his debut, to say he is any better than Traore.

So what have you seen then? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He only managed 187 minutes last season. Only fair he’s shipped out. 

And won us a penalty, which in my book is worth a goal contribution and is basically an assist, if the penalty is scored

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

But what are we supposed to do? Play him ahead of other players we all agree are better?

Same with Sanson. The midfield problem is not the players we are playing it's the system where they cover fullbacks.

The problem in midfield is just as much the players that are playing there.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The problem in midfield is just as much the players that are playing there.

I don't agree. JJ Kamara and McGinn are a good trio if they didn't have to spread so wide to cover the fullbacks. If instead the fullbacks covered them getting forward. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I don't agree. JJ Kamara and McGinn are a good trio if they didn't have to spread so wide to cover the fullbacks. If instead the fullbacks covered them getting forward. 

Kamara yes. JJ will be (but shouldn't be played alongside someone else who's also not a calm presence on the ball). McGinn no.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We're getting off-topic, but I disagree entirely. Who is the creative link to the forwards in that trio? McGinn and JJ aren't the best passers and Kamara usually stays deep. Among the current midfielders, you need Dougie in there. Let him finally be the 8 he is. Whether to put him instead of JJ or McGinn would depend on the opposition and the game situation.

EDIT/ADDITION: Also, McGinn and JJ are not really covering for the fullbacks anymore, at least not in all situations like they were earlier in SG's reign.

Edited by TomC
Addition
  • Like 3

On 26/08/2022 at 18:07, a-k said:

At least he gets European football this year

Yeah. Assume he didn't make the bench in that game as he wasn't eligible for the playoff? Also assume they'll be able to register him for the actual competition?

Should get his first appearance for them tomorrow, be interested to see how he gets on,  and how much of a mistake we've made in letting him go out on loan. 

I'm convinced we are taking a leaf out of the Chelsea playbook when loaning players out. I think we're getting good loan fee's and wages covered when we send players out. 

It works well for our accounts as all a player ever is on our accounts is an annual cost, wages + amortisation. 

I think Bert will do great in Turkey and a lot more clubs will be interested in signing him next summer when he's got 1 year left for around £6m-8m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'm convinced we are taking a leaf out of the Chelsea playbook when loaning players out. I think we're getting good loan fee's and wages covered when we send players out. 

It works well for our accounts as all a player ever is on our accounts is an annual cost, wages + amortisation. 

I think Bert will do great in Turkey and a lot more clubs will be interested in signing him next summer when he's got 1 year left for around £6m-8m

Spend near 20m on a player give him his biggest salary and loan him out to a club in a league that can't match his salary or initial fee.

It's genius stuff it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is  that for Traore or Carney?

Whilst that theoretical situation is mostly true of both Carney and Traore (Carney hasn't been loaned out yet but not loaning him out just costs them more)

... Chelsea are still doing it right as that player will almost certainly be worth more than they paid for him if they sell him in 3-4 years time. Traore was never going to be worth more then we paid for him. Some signings like that are fine. Signings that you then loan out are not.

We signed too many right wingers at the same time, and then exacerbated matters by not playing any wingers.

Â