Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe not starting but that doesnt mean he doesn’t fancy him. If you count the Fulham game he has played as many minutes as most players. 

i found it odd he didn't feature in France, surely most would have thought the final preseason game would see us playing as close to a finished line up and tactics as possible?

maybe not i dunno

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

i found it odd he didn't feature in France, surely most would have thought the final preseason game would see us playing as close to a finished line up and tactics as possible?

maybe not i dunno

Maybe it was purely a fitness thing. Players such as Mings, Ings, Chambers, Emi might not have been ready for the competitive nature of the Renne game?

Would be nice to hear Gerrards comments on it.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you suggesting I’m a coward ? Well would a coward do this ???

spacer.png

i did actually start doing it but got really bored. 

I was torn between comapring you to Snake or Homer in the same episode when the Southern gentleman accepts his challenge. But Homer was going to go through with it, so yes, I am stating (not suggesting) that you are a coward.

In all seriousness, I can imagine making such a list would be pretty boring.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe it was purely a fitness thing. Players such as Mings, Ings, Chambers, Emi might not have been ready for the competitive nature of the Renne game?

Would be nice to hear Gerrards comments on it.

They played the prior day behind closed doors Vs Fulham. They were able to play, just not Infront of Gerrard/Critchley. I imagine they'll form the bench Vs Bournemouth.

Maybe Chambers gets in ahead of Konsa and SG took Ezri to get a closer look at where's he's at following his injury.

But for the rest, it doesn't bode well for their selection hopes to not even travel to France 

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

They played the prior day behind closed doors Vs Fulham. They were able to play, just not Infront of Gerrard/Critchley. I imagine they'll form the bench Vs Bournemouth.

Maybe Chambers gets in ahead of Konsa and SG took Ezri to get a closer look at where's he's at following his injury.

But for the rest, it doesn't bode well for their selection hopes to not even travel to France 

Gerrard and Critchley wouldn’t have been at the Fulham game?

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrard and Critchley wouldn’t have been at the Fulham game?

It was the day before the Rennes game. Its possible they were there but I'd have assumed they went to France more than the very night before the game?

When it was first rumoured that we were signing Bertrand Traore I did as much research as I could ploughing through articles, fan forums etc.

The consensus of opinion seemed to be that he was a very tricky footballer when in possession of the ball, but a bit of a liability off it. His lack of committed work rate, not relishing 50/50 tackles, not tracking back consistently, and general team contribution were all highlighted as negatives by those that watched him.

As a consequence of what I'd read I was both surprised and disappointed when we signed him. Having watched him each time he's played for Villa there were some real highlights, but generally I think the Lyon fans made the right judgement based on the three years he was with them.

He may be a good footballer and a lovely fella but he's not ideal for the Premier League, and we've reached the stage where each squad member needs to be "ideal". When he moves I'll wish him well, and I hope he goes to a league that will be a more suitable platform for him to display his obvious talents.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It was the day before the Rennes game. Its possible they were there but I'd have assumed they went to France more than the very night before the game?

It's only a 45 minute flight, so could easily pop over to watch the Fulham match and then be back in France the same night.

It takes me longer to get to Villa Park from my house than it would have taken them on a private plane and private cars with drivers.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yeah the point has gone way over your head 

You called a guy injury prone with one season ruined by injury. A guy who smashed his ribs into a metal pole and played the next week, a guy hooked up on painkillers to play for his country

Hooked up on painkillers? Say wHat?

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I want a compilation video of all his suicidal cross field balls in our half.

I don't ever recall any of them actually causing us an issue, but it would be fun to see just how many times he did it. 

It wasn’t just the cross field balls, it was also the attempted volleyed clearances that either went behind him, or miles straight up in the air 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He was massively inuury prone as we know but if your trying to compare traore to laursen its laughable. Sorry but it is.

Laursen when he played was a leader a unbelievable player that always put in 100%. Traore doesnt. He rarely does. He is quite lazy sometimes on the pitch a d he comes across sometimes like "he dont fancy it" i dont recall ever feeling like that with Laursen

Intrigued to understand how you know he rarely puts in 100% and that he doesn’t fancy it.

2 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Intrigued to understand how you know he rarely puts in 100% and that he doesn’t fancy it.

Can you honestly tell me he put as much workrate as trez did?

Trez we know wasnt veey good but his workrate was excellent.  He ran himself in the ground. I rarely see the same from traore

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hopefully a move for Bert is close to completion. Maybe the u23s is when a deal is close enough to not risk a player getting injured in a pre season game

i actually wondered if we had some interest in him, but due to his 70/80k a week here he knocked it back (as i doubt he would get anywhere close to that somewhere else), so we were making it clear his future lay elsewhere.

Ofc i could be 100% wrong, but it did cross my mind.

Â