Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Erm this would be a ridiculous decision. Why would we loan him and pay him 70% of his wages? Surely bwttee to keep him on those terms?

If its a sale and we can obtain between 10-20m then yeah he can go. Otherwise keep him here

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Erm this would be a ridiculous decision. Why would we loan him and pay him 70% of his wages? Surely bwttee to keep him on those terms?

If its a sale and we can obtain between 10-20m then yeah he can go. Otherwise keep him here

We want to pay a maximum of 30% of his wages, according to the link/article.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We want to pay a maximum of 30% of his wages, according to the link/article.

I think we should only loan him if there is a mandatory to buy end of season. Otherwise keep him. He can add something different to this squad.

I suspect gerrard probably thinks he doesnt have the motivation to play the way he wants. As it involves a lot of hard work. Traore can be a bit lazy at times on the pitch

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

How was he today?

Same as ever 

Most disappointing thing for me is there was a couple of times where he could and should have pushed further up, he was in acres of space and was showing for the ball but our man on the ball also had acres in front of him to move in to, as a result the ball slowed down and went sideways to him instead of him busting a gut pushing the defensive line back and us being able to drive forward 

No impetus to him which OK it's a preseason friendly but probably the only excuse I've got for him is no matter what he does, if he busts a gut, if he doesn't bust a gut, his role in the team stays the same, he won't start, he's under no pressure to play well or impress 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we should only loan him if there is a mandatory to buy end of season. Otherwise keep him. He can add something different to this squad.

I suspect gerrard probably thinks he doesnt have the motivation to play the way he wants. As it involves a lot of hard work. Traore can be a bit lazy at times on the pitch

Mate you can’t keep someone around the place just in case we need him to ‘add something different’. If he ain’t part of the plans he has to go out on loan if can’t secure a permanent move.

9 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

A tad too casual at key moments for me, including a couple of half chances.

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Pretty awful.

Yeah I agree, he lost possession quite easily on a couple of occasions and didn't contribute anything of note.

Thing is with Traore he can produce moments of sublime play so probably has a place in the squad but not sure we will ever find real consistency from him (not being a regular starter obviously doesn't help).

Great left foot he has, but way too predictable going forward. Can't go past from right side or cross the ball with his right foot. For someone so tall he is quite poor in winning defensive or offensive headers. Defensive liability.

TBH always was against buying him, so probably have bias against his peformances as well, there have been some magical moments in past. Nevertheless I can't see anyone paying much more than 5M for his services. And I would be happy to loan him out, and integrate someone like JPB or KHH to the first team (and Bailey might be better on the right side as well).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Same as ever 

Most disappointing thing for me is there was a couple of times where he could and should have pushed further up, he was in acres of space and was showing for the ball but our man on the ball also had acres in front of him to move in to, as a result the ball slowed down and went sideways to him instead of him busting a gut pushing the defensive line back and us being able to drive forward 

No impetus to him which OK it's a preseason friendly but probably the only excuse I've got for him is no matter what he does, if he busts a gut, if he doesn't bust a gut, his role in the team stays the same, he won't start, he's under no pressure to play well or impress 

I agree but he's staking his place in the team. It's not OK. Bust a gut or f*ck off.

We need to choose loan well here.

He goes to euro league and does alright and we should be able to sell him for reasonable amount next summer.

Send him to a league where teams can't afford to sign players much past 20p and he'll just be in same position.

Likes of Villareal and Betis tend to pick up out of favour prem players and get them back into form so a mid table Spanish or Italian club is where I'd look to send him.

Really like Bert and if he leaves will be sad to see him go, but to put a positive spin on it  this means Cameron Archer gets his spot in the squad. Basically 6 forwards in Ings, Watkins, Coutinho, Bailey, Beundia and Archer,  adding  Chuckwemeka and Traore to that makes it bloated.

Â