Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

There was also one game when he did a really tight dribble on the edge of the area. Think he turned like 2-3 players inside out, but side footed it just wide. Would have been an unreal goal.

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

There was also one game when he did a really tight dribble on the edge of the area. Think he turned like 2-3 players inside out, but side footed it just wide. Would have been an unreal goal.

Sheff Utd at home I think.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Had one like that vs Wolves and an even better on vs Blades, I think it was. Hope we keep him.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe if Gerrard played him I would cut him some slack 😉

he does though. a number of times at the end of last season he was given opportunities off the bench...and looked quite lively too

If he gets fit he's a quality player, he surely deserves another season!

His first season statistics 2020/21 - Premier League - 

36 appearances, 7 goals, 6 assists, +6 Big Chances created.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Just 187 minutes last season. Didn’t impress when he got minutes. Really can’t afford to have highlight reel players. It makes no sense to keep loaning players out either in that age bracket. There might be few opportunities to sell him either way. 

46 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I love Traore, but I don’t think he would have made a massive difference. 

Maybe not but some of the football was boring to watch at times

Give me a Traore swinging volley across his own box any day of the week 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Just 187 minutes last season. Didn’t impress when he got minutes. Really can’t afford to have highlight reel players. It makes no sense to keep loaning players out either in that age bracket. There might be few opportunities to sell him either way. 

But loaning them out allows them to put themselves in the shop window so to speak. 

Same goes for Sanson who hasn't played much, we'd get more money selling these players after a successful loan spell, rather than them rotting on the bench then trying to sell them.

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But loaning them out allows them to put themselves in the shop window so to speak. 

Same goes for Sanson who hasn't played much, we'd get more money selling these players after a successful loan spell, rather than them rotting on the bench then trying to sell them.

That only works if they actually have a successful loan spell. If they end up shit at their loan club well.....

Not against it the idea, just pointing out its not a no brainer decision.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

25 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That only works if they actually have a successful loan spell. If they end up shit at their loan club well.....

Not against it the idea, just pointing out its not a no brainer decision.

yep we lost nearly all of Anwars value from his loan spell

I'd keep him around at Villa and potentially loan him in January if needed. If we are offered £10m+ for him we should consider it but anything below 10m we should keep him here. To date he's a far more proven Premier League player than Bailey is. No player in our squad last season bettered his 13 goal contributions in 20/21 season. He's a talented player and with 5 subs rule he will be useful.

Â