Weekend Football 11/13 September

andykeenan

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Newcastle look proper. Paid the money to get experienced established players. Fair play. 

Will need to check their accounts in 4 years time though before I can be sure these are good 3 pts.

Agree, 

Newcastle's transfer business would be like you buying the cheapest battery for your car then the new owners wondering why they are broke down on the side of the road a year later. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Newcastle's squad is filling out nicely. Good first XI and now options on the bench. No longer having to rely on Joelinton must be an albatross off their neck.

Even a safety first manager like Bruce now has 7 options for the front 3 positions- Almiron, Carroll, Joelinthon (stop laughing at the back), Wilson, Fraser, Saint Maximn and Gayle when he's back from injury.

Seems a bit bizarre some fans thinking we're done for attack if we just get in a winger. I'd say 7 credible options is what you need for attacking options given the crazy fixture list this season so we're still 2-3 short I think given I'd loan Davis out once we get in another striker.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Bruce to overplay Wilson and get him injured midway through the season. I’m sure I’ve seen this before. 

He kept Carroll on the pitch almost until stoppage time for no reason given the options he had. He was so close to tweaking something too! There was no need to bring off Saint-Maximin for Joelinton who could have easily replaced Carroll instead.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He kept Carroll on the pitch almost until stoppage time for no reason given the options he had. He was so close to tweaking something too! There was no need to bring off Saint-Maximin for Joelinton who could have easily replaced Carroll instead.

Wor Brucie isn't really a deep thinker of the game, Carroll put his boots on as requested so that was good enough to get most of the game.😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Michael Hector not having a great game. Surely he must be off for that challenge?

its his first ever Premier League game considering he was at Chelsea for 5 years and after 15 loan spells he made it to the Premier League

Â