Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

Out of your **** minds anyone criticising him for today. Gets Maupay rightly booked and then with 10mins extra time on the clock engineers a situation out of nothing to waste half of that for the price of a yellow. If Kamara doesn't pile in like a dummy it pays off perfectly. 

It pretty much killed Brentford last bit of momentum

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rodders129 said:

People need to get a grip and toughen up a bit. You saw how Emi and Argentina won the World Cup. You see how aggressive City, Arsenal and Liverpool can be. This is the reality.

I get it. It’s new territory for Villa, but if we want to talk about competing for the title then this is what comes with it. Roy Keane was a serial Premier League winner and he took red cards a plenty. 

I wouldn’t behave like that at work, sure. I’m sure Martinez isn’t petulant in day to day life. But this is a football match, and winning it is the be all and end all, not making friends or being a model citizen.

You make it sound as if there's just one way to make it to the very top. I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

You make it sound as if there's just one way to make it to the very top. I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Respectfully I'll ask you this - who were the last team to win a competition that Villa were in where you said "I'm glad they won that, such a nice bunch of lads"?

Don't get me wrong, I've been happy for teams who won things we weren't in for, but the reality is that a determination to win at all costs is both a huge advantage and very unappealing to the opposition.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vancvillan said:

Respectfully I'll ask you this - who were the last team to win a competition that Villa were in where you said "I'm glad they won that, such a nice bunch of lads"?

Don't get me wrong, I've been happy for teams who won things we weren't in for, but the reality is that a determination to win at all costs is both a huge advantage and very unappealing to the opposition.

That Leicester team springs to mind. Apart from perhaps Vardy, they really were quite sympathetic.

I refuse to believe you have to be dirty or unsportsmanlike to be competitive. At the end, it's a choice you make. Simply because the Premier League has a history of it, doesn't make it the only possible way.

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

That Leicester team springs to mind. Apart from perhaps Vardy, they really were quite sympathetic.

I refuse to believe you have to be dirty or unsportsmanlike to be competitive. At the end, it's a choice you make. Simply because the Premier League has a history of it, doesn't make it the only possible way.

You may refuse to believe it, and I commend you for that.

But it doesn't make it true.

I think Leicester were a long way from being the paragons of sportsmanship that year.

• Like 1

I think Emi lost his head a bit but I understand how that rat can get in anyone’s head and probably get reactions out of most people. Think Robbie Savage.

So on that note Emi was quite clever only trying to pick him up by his shirt and not over stepping the mark.

He has trolled him on instagram too ! 🤣 

I love the guy. 

• Like 1

He’s an absolute bellend on the pitch and I’m fine with that. I’d hate him if he played for another team, but he doesn’t.

I do think he maybe takes the off-pitch celebrations / trolling a bit far sometimes too, but I still wouldn’t take any other PL keeper over him.

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

The European cup winning squad had a few ‘determined ‘ characters  but none of them acted like pricks in order to win matches.

17 hours ago, supermon said:

He seemed to have a look of guilt coming off the pitch 

Did he heck as like. He and Cash were practically pissing themselves laughing as they walked off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Emi lost his head a bit but I understand how that rat can get in anyone’s head and probably get reactions out of most people. Think Robbie Savage.

So on that note Emi was quite clever only trying to pick him up by his shirt and not over stepping the mark.

He has trolled him on instagram too ! 🤣 

I love the guy. 

What's he said on Insta?

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

It pretty much killed Brentford last bit of momentum

For sure - it was deliberate from Martinez to disrupt things and waste time (classic Dibu shithousing tbf) but it wasn't a smart idea given how sour the atmosphere had turned and Bouba is suffering now. Are 3 points worth Kamara out for 3 games? Hard to say. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I seen a picture sent around which looks like insta of him trying to pull up Maupay by his shirt with a comment ‘We never give up, boys showed big character today’

I can’t see it on there though. 

Ah it is on there. Third pic when you scroll through his post match post.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

So would you suggest asking very politely would be a credible alternative? I’m not suggesting that we’re unsportsmanlike or should cheat but as mentioned even the most popular winners of the PL, had players like Jamie Vardy, even if we go back to the halcyon days of 1981 no one concidered Peter Withe to be an angel or fancied running into Ken MacNaught after midnight. It’s the way of the world where elite professional sport is concerned. 

• Like 1

Â