Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not sure what relevancy it has that we pay his wages? If he’s not 100% he shouldn’t play, pretty simple really.

He should be ready to do his job is the point. 

I’m calling it now, something isn’t right here. This isn’t a case of us being able to rest a player because we have an able back up, this is a win/lose situation. We’re massively handicapped having Olsen in goal to the point where we may as well give the other team a 2 goal headstart. 

He’s back at Bodymoor and he’s breathing therefore he should be playing. It’s either a criminal bit of mismanagement from Emery, which I doubt, or something has gone on here. Martinez should/has to be playing this match. 

I can see him leaving before end of Jan. 

Have Villa released any sort of social media content around Emi's return other than those photos and brief clips of him looking very very tired on Friday? Like how City did that whole video with Alvarez? I know we shouldn't read too much into social media content but it feels a bit weird there's not been more fanfare around our World Cup-winning goalkeeper returning.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

McAllister didnt make the squad for Brighton yesterday, he must be off too. Same with Lisandro Martinez and Rodrigo De Paul

Different for outfield players plus none of them have olsen to step in

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Different for outfield players plus none of them have olsen to step in

United played Shaw centre back yesterday

Rulli the Argentina back up keeper didnt start for Villarreal either and has been No.1 all season

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Madness how he isn’t starting and yet Romero starts for spurs

Romero seems to be the outlier though. 

Would appear most of the Argentina starters in the final haven't played/started this weekend. 

• Like 1

Â