Jaden Philogene

Kingman

3 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Thing with the buy back he has to want to come back. Not sure he will want to. 

Thing with a buy back is that you've signed a contract with it included.  That's part of your contract, set in stone.

if you just decide you don't like that term anymore when it's activated you are in breach of contract.

Why do people keep thinking that contract's aren't enforceable?  That's the whole and entire reason why contracts exist - to make the requirements of them enforceable.

If we activate the clause, he's back here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

15m and only if Hull are promoted (if true) after selling him for 5m is horrific business.

Horrific.

How have people got hold of a copy of his contract?  Where have you seen the photo's?

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's a crazy clause that makes zero sense. 

Yeah.  So probably it's not that at all. 

I'm, pretty sure our multi billionaire owners have some fairly competent legal advisors who would skim it and say "Hey Guys, this clause seems pretty crazy to me and makes zero sense.  Would you like us to have a go at re-drafting it so if protects our position better?"

I reckon they may even have more than a quick skim.  They might even charge a shit ton of money for a bag of standard clauses that DO in fact make sense.  

No where has Hull chairman said we can only activate buyback clause if Hull are in the same division as us, he has just said that the buyback is £15m if they get promoted, there will still be a buyback if they don't get promoted, it will just be for a different fee.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Only of we are in the same league. Can't see hull getting promoted anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

And Hull get promoted

Hope they can make it into the playoffs somehow nd then when the final with a philogene cut in special into the top corner. They are 2 points of third place and level with 6th place at minute so hopefully by the end of the year they make it to Wembley. They have one of the best attackers in the league 

23 minutes ago, useless said:

No where has Hull chairman said we can only activate buyback clause if Hull are in the same division as us, he has just said that the buyback is £15m if they get promoted, there will still be a buyback if they don't get promoted, it will just be for a different fee.

So i assume if they don't get promoted, the fee will be less.

So why the mini meltdown?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So i assume if they don't get promoted, the fee will be less.

So why the mini meltdown?

Yeah let's look who has been bought from The Championship and what it cost.  I mean there can't be many above 15 million that have had no Premier League experience.  Watkins, Benrahma, Konsa all from Brentford before they got promoted is about all I can think of.

Whatever the price is we have had 5 million to take off it so we are in a good place should he smash it you ask me.

He is at the right club to showcase his talent Rosenior seems a great forward thinking coach.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

How do you know it isn't an obligation? It was covered at the time of the sale that he's effectively pre signed a contract with us in the event we trigger the buy back. It could well be an obligation.

It's why the sale took so long in the first place.

True - none of us know the intricacies of the deal! I’m sure we will have put a safety measure in place. 

31 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yeah let's look who has been bought from The Championship and what it cost.  I mean there can't be many above 15 million that have had no Premier League experience.  Watkins, Benrahma, Konsa all from Brentford before they got promoted is about all I can think of.

Whatever the price is we have had 5 million to take off it so we are in a good place should he smash it you ask me.

He is at the right club to showcase his talent Rosenior seems a great forward thinking coach.

Eze and Olise as well I think to be fair 

53 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

True - none of us know the intricacies of the deal! I’m sure we will have put a safety measure in place. 

Hopefully. Plus if we sign him back it will be greatest thing ever on here given the obsession people have with buying our old players. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully. Plus if we sign him back it will be greatest thing ever on here given the obsession people have with buying our old players. 

Some are pissed we never brought Milner home 😂

Â