Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I suppose it’s not all that surprising… the combination of Ollie’s potential and character and Unai’s elite coaching and outstanding record/history with centre forwards…

like with the club… a match made in heaven…

Best place for a player like Duran to develop and learn… under an elite coach & manager and an elite PL CF…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ender4 said:

NOT FOR SALE.

Piss off Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and anyone else who might be interested.

It was huge that we got him tied down to a new deal at the start of the season because the vultures would certainly have been circling this summer. They may still be, but at least we can tell them to clear off now.

I feel dirty even typing this.  If the stupid money offer comes in this summer does Villa eventually accept knowing that Unai can mold a new striker for a third of what we get for Ollie.  

On 03/03/2024 at 00:13, Tom13 said:

The finish for the second was God damn beautiful

Everything about that goal was beautiful. 

The one type of goal that I want to see him score more of but I think it’s a playing style of Villa that limits it is the whipped ball across and he either heads or nicks it in. He’ll be hitting 20 league goals a season every season then. 

Consistently getting to 14/15 goals a season for us and he’s gone up a level now. 

£85million ? £185million mate!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I feel dirty even typing this.  If the stupid money offer comes in this summer does Villa eventually accept knowing that Unai can mold a new striker for a third of what we get for Ollie.  

That depends if Emery/Monchi has somebody in mind they think they could do that with.  I think that’s the same for any of our players that if Emery/Monchi think they can get somebody that doesn’t decrease the quality they may do it.  Part of me thinks that’s why they brought Rogers to replace JJ because while Rogers played a different position at his last club, you can see from the Luton game they could play similar roles because they have similar attributes.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Nah.  We have him for 4.5 years contract and he is getting better and better. We simply cannot sell our only senior strikrr that has an incredible fitness record , work ethic and pretty much guaranteed goals. 

I know what you mean but theres plenty of other areas that we could sell before Ollie  . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Is he the greatest player to ever come out of Devon?

Absolutely no idea  but The second greatest Ollie behind Kahn  for sure. 

No chance he's irreplaceable 

• Like 3

Why? Every player has his price. Even Watkins/Martinez etc.

If somebody were willing to give us £100m+ for Watkins, I'm sure we'd do the sums on it. 

The problem with Watkins is, the pool of players from which you can replace his qualities is a lot smaller than say, Luiz. There are more quality central midfielders out there than there are top strikers. 

So, whilst we may entertain ludicrous offers, the club will be well aware he is near impossible to replace - hence silly money would need to be offered. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If somebody were willing to give us £100m+ for Watkins, I'm sure we'd do the sums on it. 

The problem with Watkins is, the pool of players from which you can replace his qualities is a lot smaller than say, Luiz. There are more quality central midfielders out there than there are top strikers. 

So, whilst we may entertain ludicrous offers, the club will be well aware he is near impossible to replace - hence silly money would need to 

That summer of 2020 was incredible really. To get Watkins and Emi for a combined £50 million and then consider that they have been 2 of our most important signings in probably 20 years was great work . 

• Like 3

Villa have sold just about every decent striker they've had on the books, from Gerry Hitchens to Benteke.

So it is not beyond the possibility, and no doubt Mr Heck would call us cocksuckers for complaining about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

So, whilst we may entertain ludicrous offers, the club will be well aware he is near impossible to replace - hence silly money would need to be offered. 

Don't disagree but at the same time it would be who we would potentially be selling to, realistically with most of our players it would be Chelsea, utd, spurs or arsenal and it's not only making us worse that you'd have to factor in it's how much better it would make them 

Watkins to arsenal for example imo would be a disaster and therefore there's no amount in the world they could offer to get me excited about that transfer - if man city or real Madrid want him for £100m then so be it 

All that said I still don't think we'll sell a key player this summer, they'll all stay 

• Like 1

4 more goals to 20 PL goals in a season, not only takes him past Benteke as our top PL scorer in a season, but would put him joint second with Yorke in our list of PL goalscorers.

He's currently 17 away from being our top PL goalscorer, so he better bloody stay, because if he stays fit there's a very good chance he takes that next season and knocks Agbonlahor off his ill-deserved pedestal.

• Like 2

On 01/05/2022 at 00:12, Villa_Vids said:

I think he is capable of being very good or fading away. I am undecided on him, he could be the next Jamie Vardy or the next Andrew Johnson.

Hmmmm. I remember being unsure about Ollie. But it does seem like he is peaking like Vardy at similar age.

Sometimes think back to the summer of 2020 and imagine if we signed Callum Wilson instead of Watkins. £33 million well spent. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree but at the same time it would be who we would potentially be selling to, realistically with most of our players it would be Chelsea, utd, spurs or arsenal and it's not only making us worse that you'd have to factor in it's how much better it would make them 

Watkins to arsenal for example imo would be a disaster and therefore there's no amount in the world they could offer to get me excited about that transfer - if man city or real Madrid want him for £100m then so be it 

All that said I still don't think we'll sell a key player this summer, they'll all stay 

He could play the exact same role as Haaland, and with De Bruyne providing the assists, he could do really well.

Â