Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

On 09/10/2023 at 12:59, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is pushed at the same time he gets the shot off and it’s pretty clear and obvious the push has made him shoot wide.  I don’t get it. 

Neither did some of our fans in the match thread

And the 2nd yellow he got for diving is on the long list of **** garbage decisions we got vs man utd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

"B-but sometimes he miscontrols the ball". Yes, that tends to happen from time to time when playing alone against 4-6 brutes for 90 minutes.

Just happens a lot generally. His general ball control has gone from poor to average at best.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

You can't please everyone. There probably still exist a fan that would rather have the west ham bench warmer playing in our attack rather than Ollie.

For me he is the first name in the team along with Martinez and Luiz. Rather have him than any of the forwards at spurs, arsenal, chelsea or united.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

they did an analysis on MOTD2 (still available on iplayer).

Everyone thought it was a clear penalty for the push on Watkins.

Do you listen to My New Football Club with David Earl? It's made me look out for Exeter's results.

To make this on topic, Ollie Watkins gets mentioned quite often.

17 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wasn't a big fan of that article in the guardian if I'm honest 

Had a feeling that fingers in the ears at Chelsea was for Villa fans. Didn't like it at the time, and not a fan now tbh. Especially when you've played as badly as he has this season. Get on with it.

I don't think it's 100% confirmed that's what it was, but it's very naughty from the journalist to heavily hint if that isn't the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Had a feeling that fingers in the ears at Chelsea was for Villa fans. Didn't like it at the time, and not a fan now tbh. Especially when you've played as badly as he has this season. Get on with it.

I don't think it's 100% confirmed that's what it was, but it's very naughty from the journalist to heavily hint if that isn't the case.

I'm pretty sure it was, there was a direct quote in there about how fickle fans are. He's not wrong but 😂

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'm pretty sure it was, there was a direct quote in there about how fickle fans are. He's not wrong but 😂

He's absolutely not wrong, no! Does it need to be said? Does anyone not think this.

It's pretty pathetic I think. As I said, especially when you've been underperforming. As pathetic as punching the floor when your teammate scores because you missed a sitter just before.

As usual, unequivocal support has been there at games. If he means people are being mean on twitter, he needs to grow up.

The journalist who ran the story is a villa fan as well, so I actually think he dressed it up best he could.

Two performances pass for 'good' from him this season. Happily he got a hat-trick in both. More of that is welcome Ollie.

General play remains much more important than whoever it is who happens to put the ball in the goal.

On 10/10/2023 at 14:50, Tom13 said:

Just happens a lot generally. His general ball control has gone from poor to average at best.

Amazing that he does so well as a lone striker against some of the best football teams in the world with a poor to average touch. What a great statement :)

54 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Amazing that he does so well as a lone striker against some of the best football teams in the world with a poor to average touch. What a great statement :)

His ball control technique isn't a strength of his. I'm far from the only person to think this.

PS the sarcasm at the end is pathetic :)

Â