Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It would be very bizarre if our main striker option was available in January unless he is playing in the MLS or something

1) I said Jan or next summer

2) Jan might not be bizarre if he’s in the last year of his contract and the potential selling club haven’t been able to agree a new deal and want money rather than lose for free in the summer.  That’s just one non-bizarre reason for a January sale and there are plenty of other reasons from players falling out with clubs, change of selling clubs managers wanting change, club knocked out of competition so will now sell…there are just a few non-bizarre reasons without even thinking too hard about January transfer window.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was so many leaks regarding our business in the summer so am convinced any link would have surfaced from the media abroad

Yep so many leaks but there will have been a lot of stuff we haven’t heard about either.  I think it would be naive to think we heard most things that went on in the summer, we only get part of what actually happens.

I’m not saying anything is happening but Emery said he wants another striker after he brought Duran to provide competition for Ollie so that’s all I can believe in.  Ollie surely will have competition soon because the boss has said he wants it.  No point bringing a lesser player in as we already have Duran and Emery said more than that.  I can only go off what Emery says, whether fans like/believe it is up to them.

12 minutes ago, Risso said:

After 30 minutes he'd touched the ball once, and that was to give the ball away. When he's poor, he's very, very poor.

Yep, I hope he bags some goals in the second half but so far another poor day at the office for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasn't really involved anywhere close to what I'd want him to be but scored a great goal on the 2nd attempt so well done. Great to break the funk with scoring in the league too. Onward and upward.

Â