Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

On 10/09/2023 at 17:20, Villaphan04 said:

I can only assume they do stuff like this to get people to engage and say “he’s better than him” and so on. Son isn’t even a No9 really, they just do it intentionally to generate retweets, likes, comments and so on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

I would cash in Jan if we can get 50m+ for him to be honest. 

Think he's reached his peak and should get some profit while we can. 

I don't think we'd sell him in Jan as too many games to play and no true alternative in the squad, but if he still hasn't signed a contract by then, I wouldn't be surprised were we to sell him in the Summer. Club won't want to let him walk to a rival for nothing.

22 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I loved both Dalian and Dean but Watkins has already got more goals than either and I'd guess more assists.

People forget that the level of football has changed, outside of Haaland how many strikers are consistent let alone English ones???

If you think Ollie is streaky you didn't watch Deano.

• Like 1

I'm usually one rubbishing these things and other posters for being paranoid about these things.

However, at present, doesn't seem he's signing a new contract, so we legit may have to be looking at options outside of him, instead of him just running his contract down and going elsewhere for free.

I love Ollie, but I'm wondering if he may also have an inflated self worth of his value?

Not saying he isn't good enough to tear it up at other top clubs, but as a starter? Not so sure.

Either way a resolution sooner than later suits instead of us just waiting on him.

Although, we did have the same worried about Doug when he hadn't sign.

So maybe an announcement could come out the blue at some point.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm usually one rubbishing these things and other posters for being paranoid about these things.

However, at present, doesn't seem he's signing a new contract, so we legit may have to be looking at options outside of him, instead of him just running his contract down and going elsewhere for free.

I love Ollie, but I'm wondering if he may also have an inflated self worth of his value?

Not saying he isn't good enough to tear it up at other top clubs, but as a starter? Not so sure.

Either way a resolution sooner than later suits instead of us just waiting on him.

Although, we did have the same worried about Doug when he hadn't sign.

So maybe an announcement could come out the blue at some point.

Feel like his negotiating hand swings wildly with his form. Maybe waiting to start scoring again. 

• Like 1

I guess he's just waiting to see how we progress before commiting. If we push on again this season I'm sure we could convince him to sign. But if he's demanding obscene amounts and thinks he's better then us then no objections trying to sell.

He obviously wanted to upgrade when he left Brentford, there's no reason to think he wouldn't so the same to us if the chance came along. I'd guess Arsenal are the most likely destination, as I can't see Man United being the attractive proposition they once were after this season concludes (arguably they aren't already). And Liverpool can't spend that much on one player... so says Klopp.

But if we're top 5 this season, I'm sure we could convince him to sign.

Love Ollie but he's becoming very infuriating to watch. No amount of good prior form excuses 0 goals in 11(.5) league games.

And there's no excuse for why he didn't attack that cross. Actually boggles me why he didn't??? Would have been the easiest goal of his life???

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not scapegoating him at all but he scores that chance, we win this game at a canter. He didnt look confident, didnt know what he wanted to do and blew it.

This is like watching the old, infuriating Ollie and we all thought he had turned a corner. He's not good enough as a long term option to take us to the next level, of that there is no doubt.

• Like 1

Â