Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

This is gonna be popular but.....

id say if ollie had been more clinical in the opening games of the season he may have been picked. there have been a few chances that he should have buried that maybe played on Southgates mind.

I love Ollie but even I can see that he isn't perfect and isn't a deadly finisher. In saying all that I think he should have been called up...

Not calling up Ezri is, however, criminal

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

id say if ollie had been more clinical in the opening games of the season he may have been picked. there have been a few chances that he should have buried that maybe played on Southgates mind.

I love Ollie but even I can see that he isn't perfect and isn't a deadly finisher. In saying all that I think he should have been called up...

that would ring true apart from he called up nkeitah instead, a guy with 4 goals in 30 league games last year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Not calling up Ezri is, however, criminal

Yet he's picked someone whos scored 6 goals in the last 12 months playing for the second best team in the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Him and a few other players were a bit quick to leave the ground without applauding the fans. Good on chambers to start it off and others followed. 

I know I’m nitpicking but we’ve just filled the ground in a game where we 5-0 up an stayed to the end on a Thursday night.  Acknowledging the fans for a minute isn’t going to kill you. 

16 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

My only concern is that it makes Watkins think about having to leave to get a chance in the England team.

Southgate is such a prick that Watkins could have a much worse record at Spurs, but would still get picked.

Maybe Ollie should join Crystal Palace, Southgate seems to love their players. Three of their players in the current squad, not bad for such a mediocre side. 

When we were mediocre and finishing midtable he never selected any of our players apart from maybe Mings, now we've gone up a level under a top manager he still doesn't select our players.

What annoys me about snubbing Watkins is he's always done well for England. 2 goals in 7 appearances is a decent return considering 6 of those were coming off the bench and playing out wide in at least half of them.

Guy's an absolute bellend. 

• Like 1

Being the selfish fan I am I hope no Villa players gets called up to international duty.

I couldn't give a damn about International football.

All you get in return are injuries and fatigue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Watkins is key for us, so the less games he plays for England the better.

He might think he won't get a chance while at Villa because Safegate has a weird grudge against us. That said I agree with your post. 

Time to sign that contract..

The next “club announcement” hopefully…

He’s been given such status and importance and is so valued here… so much faith, trust and belief… and we have built a great support act for him…

Sign and thrive Ollie… and go n break that PL scoring record asap!!

• Like 1

Â