Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone who doesn't start for us becomes a legend who'd solve all our problems, it's the villa way

Yeah i remember the same with aly cissokho.  Came back was good fke first couple games then got ruined by the fan base.

Traore  wasnt consistent enough and i think in some games he just looked like he couldnt be asked. We dnt need anymore of those

Frustrating. Not good enough at finishing  to be a striker and not technical enough to be a wide player.

He’ll be great from time to time based on his work rate but if we want to improve, this guy needs to be either on the bench or on the bench. 

We desperately need a new wide player or two in the next window.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i remember the same with aly cissokho.  Came back was good fke first couple games then got ruined by the fan base.

Traore  wasnt consistent enough and i think in some games he just looked like he couldnt be asked. We dnt need anymore of those

Traore was very consistent with his offensive output.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Traore was very consistent with his offensive output.

His fitness  was poor, thata was my major worry with him. Didnt think he was consistent either. But who knows emery might want him back. Definitely looked more a goal threat than buendia though

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His fitness  was poor, thata was my major worry with him. Didnt think he was consistent either. But who knows emery might want him back. Definitely looked more a goal threat than buendia though

Yeah, Traore knew when to take players on and has a lot more skill, and was also a natural finisher, unlike Emi.

He has two years left on his deal in the summer.

It's the right time to cash in. He did well in 20/21 (although still could've scored at least five more goals with some of the chances he missed) but it's clearly he's just not going to improve enough and like McGinn he needs to be phased out as regular starter now.

I'm sure he'll have his uses in certain games under Emery but I don't think he'll be starting games for us in six months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Same for anyone not playing, Sanson as a prime example.

He really isn't a prime example. People wanting to see more of him are because he hasn't really had poor games aside from the Man Utd back-pass mistake.

Other players have made mistake after mistake and still get game time yet. The guy seems like a good level box-to-box midfielder yet isn't given minutes to carry on showing it after previous, somewhat promising displays. 

Chambers has played well most games he's been involved in yet barely gets a look in. It's not some magical myth that decent players don't get given a fair share of game-time, especially when the team and some players struggle week after week.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Frustrating. Not good enough at finishing  to be a striker and not technical enough to be a wide player.

He’ll be great from time to time based on his work rate but if we want to improve, this guy needs to be either on the bench or on the bench. 

We desperately need a new wide player or two in the next window.

Another player who is being negatively impacted by starting every single week when it isn't deserved.

9 hours ago, Risso said:

Watkins is absolutely number one on the list of players who desperately need to be upgraded. He's just not anywhere good enough. His decision making, his first touch and shooting are all abysmal. Probably worth a third of what we paid for him at the moment.

The scary thing is that we could have probably got £40 mill for him in the summer. Moyes would have bitten our hands off at that price. I did see ( but cannot remember where ) that West Ham were quoted over 60 mill when they enquired. 

One of the most frustrating and infuriating players to play for us. From his first season where he seemed pretty good and good numbers - to not being able to trap a bag of cement. 

So much of our build up play unravels when he gets involved. His overall play is poor. 

I agree with the majority - Watkins needs to be upgraded to improve us (hopefully as soon as January) and aid our overall development and hopeful ascendency up the table. 

No where near good enough with the ball to be a wide player. His passing, vision and technique is Championship level. Good work rate and OK finisher as long as he's not given time to think.

A confidence player. The way we’ve been playing at the moment and the atmosphere within the club are not going to help a player like him. If we start playing better under Emery he could still do ok but at the moment he’s not where he or us need to be, obviously not going to make the England squad a break will do him the world of good.

Â