Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Some clickbait article (that I refuse to click on to give the trash website any traffic benefit) suggested he could be in one for a retrospeciltive suspension for trying to injure a Leeds player? Anything in this ?

I'd rather waste 3 minutes of my life typing this than clicking on clickbait headlined...who's the fool? 🙄

Must be one of the worst PL players of all time when it comes to controlling a football and passing it. At least out of guys who play regularly. Almost nothing that he does looks controlled. Just random scuffs of the ball. 

• Like 1

Top of the list to be replaced if we are to improve. I wonder whether Coutinho can play where he does? If the job is just to run around lots, Coutinho can do that but can also control the ball, pass the ball, keep the ball, be onside and finish. 

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Top of the list to be replaced if we are to improve. I wonder whether Coutinho can play where he does? If the job is just to run around lots, Coutinho can do that but can also control the ball, pass the ball, keep the ball, be onside and finish. 

No. Coutinho needs to be deeper to pick up the ball and create.

As i have said numerous times, works hard, but if you ever want a team to control the ball and play an intelligent/intricate passing style, Watkins simply cant do that.

I dont dislike him, but i really dont think he can play the way we supposedly want to play going forward.

• Like 3

I regularly castigate him I have to admit, but my reason is he used to have it. Great in holding the ball up for others to come in (gone), good off the ball getting in areas (gone), great control if not the best finisher (all gone) and hard working, which I really cannot see at this time. Ings was running his socks off first half, while Watkin's was looking for the tap in, if he was any where near it, which was rare.

40m Arsenal come and get him, we will take Havertz 😂

Starved of decent service for large parts of te game, and when he did get service things didn't come off. The comparison with Ings is misguided, as Ings plays deeper and is expected to  help link the attack with the midfield so was able to come deeper and get more involved. Ollie meanwhile is expected to run the channels and stretch the opposition defense.

We never had the chance to stretch them as they always had at least 6 men behind the ball, and often all 11. So Ollie was always going to struggle to impact the game in this situation. We were constantly crowded out, and lacked the creativity to play through them. This was the game for two 10's. A target man might have helped.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What happened Ollie, you had started to look like last seasons Ollie and now you’ve gone back to typical this seasons Ollie performance.

giphy.gif

West Ham was damn good defensively today. He wasn’t playing a mediocre Leeds or Southampton team today.

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

West Ham was damn good defensively today. He wasn’t playing a mediocre Leeds or Southampton team today.

So are you saying he can only play well against mediocre or rubbish teams whereas big teams will stop him or are you saying he just wasn’t good enough today? Just clarifying.

43 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Don’t act like you wouldn’t hound Havertz out within a month, he scores even fewer goals than Watkins.

I've explained my reasons chap. I have seen the quality Watkin's brings, where's it gone?  If we want to move on, can you honestly say he is gonna be the man?

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I've explained my reasons chap. I have seen the quality Watkin's brings, where's it gone?  If we want to move on, can you honestly say he is gonna be the man?

Wasn’t great today (not terrible either), better previous games. Not many center forwards do well in the league this year for some reason.

Â