Academy General Topic

smetrov

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3845017,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Could anyone tell me who is the strikers out of this squad ? Jack was top goalscorer out of the hong kong 7's tournament last year. But I would have thought they'd want him to play more of a CAM role.

Harry McKirdy?

Edited by packoman

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3845017,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Could anyone tell me who is the strikers out of this squad ? Jack was top goalscorer out of the hong kong 7's tournament last year. But I would have thought they'd want him to play more of a CAM role.

Harry McKirdy?

I see, dont know much about him, only seen him play once. And i've never heard of Tom Leggett if im honest. Will be an interesting.

Harry McKirdy?

I see, dont know much about him, only seen him play once. And i've never heard of Tom Leggett if im honest. Will be an interesting.

I'm sure others would have a better insight, but I think McKirdy is more of an attacking mid but could play up front. Leggett recently signed a professional contract after leaving Southampton along with Isaac Nehemie .

Edited by packoman
  • Like 1

Harry McKirdy?

Tom Leggett recently signed from Soton, think he's a right back and was their captain.

Harry McKirdy?

I'm sure others would have a better insight, but I think McKirdy is more of an attacking mid but could play up front. Leggett recently signed a professional contract after leaving Southampton along with Isaac Nehemie .

This is correct

So our young Lions made quick and easy work of our group stage opponents in the Hong Kong Soccer 7s - three games, three clean sheets (remember them!) and six goals.

Quarter final (and hopefully onwards) tomorrow and could face either Sunderland or Chelski

SATURDAY MAY 24

GROUP D: Villa 2-0 HKFA U21s - [Johnson 2]
GROUP D: Villa 2-0 Yau Yee League Select [Johnson 2]
GROUP D: Villa 2-0 Leicester - [Grealish, Webb]

SUNDAY MAY 25

QF: Villa v Group B runners-up [TBC] - 12.15pm HK time/5.15am UK

VILLA SQUAD: Hill, Webb, Donacien [c], Leggett, Lyden, Cowans, Johnson, McKirdy, Abdo, Grealish.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

I'm guessing the Johnson that's been scoring is Daniel Johnson? I'd kind of written him off, as Gardner always seemed the better prospect and he's only been half decent when he's played for us (obviously injuries have played a part in that). Johnson must be getting to the age that he needs to break through, surely?

I'm guessing the Johnson that's been scoring is Daniel Johnson? I'd kind of written him off, as Gardner always seemed the better prospect and he's only been half decent when he's played for us (obviously injuries have played a part in that). Johnson must be getting to the age that he needs to break through, surely?

It is Daniel Johnson - he's captaining the team out there.

I think he's only 21, which is still young to break into a Prem League midfield spot.

I like him, has got a good engine and decent left peg - maybe could do with a full season out on loan to get that competitive experience under his belt.

• 2 weeks later...
Â