Academy General Topic

smetrov

We all love to see the kids do well.....and their talent is always what we look for.

but you have to learn to ride tackles and develop an ability to cope with the rigours of the "mans" game.

The world cup is so illustrated of this point, despite all the talent on show....the physical side is there for all to see....its crucial.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

We all love to see the kids do well.....and their talent is always what we look for.

but you have to learn to ride tackles and develop an ability to cope with the rigours of the "mans" game.

The world cup is so illustrated of this point, despite all the talent on show....the physical side is there for all to see....its crucial.

Agreed again, I think that comes with experience, very few have the ability to do that straight away, I think these kids might

On 08/07/2018 at 13:46, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed again, I think that comes with experience, very few have the ability to do that straight away, I think these kids might

I hope so.....

i don't think it is just experience albeit it helps, some experienced players don't chase down the ball or challenge or squeeze or generally compete.

Its usually in the players nature and they fine tune it.

Croatia displayed a masterclass in the finer elements of it.....didn't give us a minutes peace with their combatitive approach.

• Like 1

Just seen this on Facebook, don’t know how true it is ‘Tyreik Wright, 16, from County Cork has left Lakewood to sign a scholarship at Aston Villa’

Edit- done a bit of research and apparently he chose us over Birmingham City :) it’s in the Birmingham Mail too

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

He has good international pedigree too as he was part of the 2 good U17 teams that made the UEFA quarter finals in 2017 and 2018. He was listed as a Villa player in May though so obviously this deal has been done a while.

A bit of footage here, he plays a part in all 3 goals:

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Just now, hippo said:

From what I saw today Corey Taylor looks to play very similar to grealish. Quite impressed with him today.

He looked lively. As did the other lad who was playing upfront in the other game..

A shining light in our hour of darkness

Just now, hippo said:

From what I saw today Corey Taylor looks to play very similar to grealish. Quite impressed with him today.

He is good but I wouldn’t say he’s that similar to Grealish, Taylor is a quick, jinky winger

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I have watched him a few times. He is basically Tony Daley. Gives you a heart attack the first time he runs you, but after a while you just let him go because his passing, decision making and final ball is awful.

1st Year Scholars: 

Cameron Archer

Myles Sohna

Harrison Sohna

Aaron Pressley

Viljami Sinisalo

DJ Sturridge (?)

Tyreik Wright 

2nd Year Scholars:

Dominic Revan

Jake Walker

Ben Guy

Jack Birch

Mungo Bridge

Luke Ige

Jacob Ramsey

Charlie McConachie

Ethan Patterson

Indiana Vassilev

Lewis Brunt

Colin Odutayo

Dimitri Sea

Michael Tait

Brad Burton

Anton Hooper

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Was impressed with many of the lads who played in the 2 games today. (yes im very sad I watched both games one after the other on youtube)

With all this doom and gloom I'm kind of excited that many of the youngsters will hopefully be involved in the first team this season, at least its one thing to be positive about.

Having said that it would annoy me if Bruce then decides to loan youngsters from other clubs and gives them preference over our own like he did last season. We won the Premier League Cup so these youngsters deserve their chance. 

• Like 2

Went to Kiddy Saturday, saw a few of the young lads:

Knibbs - switched between up front & right wing, looked more comfortable up top. Skinny looking chap. Could of have a couple more goals.

Clarke - generally tidy. Like most of the midfield, took the game like a training exercise. Did the simple things without much fuss.

Sulliman - bit of a worry. Not under to much pressure during the game, but got caught out a few times (doing a Ciaran Clark type turn).

Ramsey? (the no 2) -  came on as sub down the left wing. Looked very good, tried to get at the Kiddy back line.

Walker? (the no 15) - came on as sub, liked the look of him at full back . Quite short & stocky.

Our Academy finally (hopefully) getting a shot is one hell of a silver lining after all the doom and gloom over the last month. I am very curious about the team we pick tomorrow against Walsall.

• Like 1

Â