Academy General Topic

smetrov

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

A sell on clause would mean we can purchase him back if he becomes the player we hope he can. It also motivates the purchasing club to develop him as player, rather than a loan player who is used as a fall back , as we have seen with our other loaned out players .

The longer he sits on the sidelines at villa the more unlikely it is he will amount to a player we can use .

I agree with what you're saying, I hope we give him a chance in our first team, he's too good for u23 football now 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

A sell on clause would mean we can purchase him back if he becomes the player we hope he can. It also motivates the purchasing club to develop him as player, rather than a loan player who is used as a fall back , as we have seen with our other loaned out players .

The longer he sits on the sidelines at villa the more unlikely it is he will amount to a player we can use .

I’m sure it’s not as easy that. I can only think of Barcelona who do it regularly.

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m sure it’s not as easy that. I can only think of Barcelona who do it regularly.

Maybe it's not but we need to start to look  past our old methods to try and get more from our young players.A large sell on clause would cover our butts on future development and alleviate the wage demands issues and the lack or motivation being in a youth squad must bring to players who are clearly fully developed at the level they are playing at 

Realistically he's not going to break into our team , maybe a fringe player at best and that's not going to develop him , or any of our others standout young players.   

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Probably a game too much. Some good talent, some players I would be surprised if they make it professionally, the two CBs esepecially.

Yeah I wasn’t impressed with the defenders. Some real terrible defending at times. Green wasn’t bad and RHM was hard working

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

O hare has been shit. Don't get the hype.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not ready for me. Ive obviosuly seen him more than once and this waa the biggest stinker ive seen from him.

Needs a loan out I think. 

I remember having a debate with you after the Peterborough game where you also said he was shit and I argued he was our best player, then it turned out you hadnt even watched the game. Think you just dont like him tbh.

Do you know who got academy player of the year btw?

Though I agree he wasnt that good today, but then again who was? so its odd to single him out like this. 

Also young players tend to have good and bad days, singling him out as "shit" is your choice, but I think he wasnt any worse than Green for example  - who has many senior appearances  

16 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I remember having a debate with you after the Peterborough game where you also said he was shit and I argued he was our best player, then it turned out you hadnt even watched the game. Think you just dont like him tbh.

Do you know who got academy player of the year btw?

Though I agree he wasnt that good today, but then again who was? so its odd to single him out like this. 

Also young players tend to have good and bad days, singling him out as "shit" is your choice, but I think he wasnt any worse than Green for example  - who has many senior appearances  

I dont even remember this conversation so I can't even comment on that.

I dont watch every single academy game but the ones I watched I haven't seen anything to see this hype. My point is people were saying to play him instead of onomah but I have seen no reason to why he should be. Hasn't done enough for me to start games.

I dont see why everyone has to agree on o hare I just don't see it for now. I think a loan would really do him the world of good.

As for green. Greens been injured and I thought he was lively today. Also green didnt make such a absymal mistake today and that's at a much much lower level.

Edited by Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to the Birmingham Mail, we’ve signed Finland u17 goalkeeper Viljami Sinisalo

Apparently he signed a pre-contract in February and has been training with the youth team since.

Lots of young players in the photos on the OS, Easah Suliman, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green and Mitchell Clark. I expect them to have a big impact this season, if they’re given an opportunity which I think they will as we have a very thin squad

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Lots of young players in the photos on the OS, Easah Suliman, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green and Mitchell Clark. I expect them to have a big impact this season, if they’re given an opportunity which I think they will as we have a very thin squad

I think the mood of the country towards young players.....might be the right time for us to be bold.....without a barrage of criticism.

just unfortunate our circumstances have forced it on us as opposed to foresight.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the mood of the country towards young players.....might be the right time for us to be bold.....without a barrage of criticism.

just unfortunate our circumstances have forced in on us as opposed to foresight.

You always talk sense

• Thanks 1

Â