Academy General Topic

smetrov

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Our Academy finally (hopefully) getting a shot is one hell of a silver lining after all the doom and gloom over the last month. I am very curious about the team we pick tomorrow against Walsall.

I’m in two minds about it, if we put too many kids in like we did under Lambert, then it could backfire but if we put in a sprinkling then it might do the trick. I don’t know i’m not a football manager, I’ll leave it to Bruce and his backroom staff

• Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 23:20, sir_gary_cahill said:

DJ Sturridge (?)

Daniel Sturridge junior if it's the kid who was hear a few years ago. Quite the footballing family.

At least we know we have one youngster who will make it :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Daniel Sturridge junior if it's the kid who was hear a few years ago. Quite the footballing family.

At least we know we have one youngster who will make it :)

I like the way you think 

From what I’ve seen, Corey Taylor has just a little bit of A Traore - he can just push it past his man and burn him in the first 5 yards. Quick off the mark...

4 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

From what I’ve seen, Corey Taylor has just a little bit of A Traore - he can just push it past his man and burn him in the first 5 yards. Quick off the mark...

Yes, I can see that comparison but he’s not as devastating 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen on Facebook that our u23s lost 2-1 to Coventry City today, Kelsey Mooney scored for us, apparently it was their first team, don’t know how true it is

I saw a tweet from him to say he had scored, but not the final score.

On 13/07/2018 at 17:58, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen this on Facebook, don’t know how true it is ‘Tyreik Wright, 16, from County Cork has left Lakewood to sign a scholarship at Aston Villa’

Edit- done a bit of research and apparently he chose us over Birmingham City :) it’s in the Birmingham Mail too

Oh we've signed a langer.

Wow. You're not wrong. The cringe.

REPORT: Sky Blues defeat Aston Villa

In a behind closed doors friendly at Bodymoor Heath Training Ground earlier today, the Sky Blues secured a 2-1 victory against a young Aston Villa side.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/report-sky-blues-defeat-aston-villa/

The youth teams are generally a "young Aston Villa side"

image.thumb.png.3dbf68ec6edeff14cca8d28bf787dd1f.png

Edited by rodders0223
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I also saw on Facebook that our u23s won 2-1 away at Derby County, Mitchell Clark and Jacob Bedeau scored us, I don’t know how true it is

6 mins highlight available on dcfctv site - that goalkeeper looked a prospect. Derby had 4/5 first team playing.

38 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

6 mins highlight available on dcfctv site - that goalkeeper looked a prospect. Derby had 4/5 first team playing.

Thanks, no, you don’t have to be a member,  the keeper looks superb

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â