Johan Lange

hippo

7 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Well I wonder what happens to Lange once we bring in a new Sporting Director. Hopefully Monchi, Antonio Cordon or Roberto Olabe

Meme about 10 posts up.

Now on the previous page.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

On 19/04/2023 at 08:38, Cizzler said:

The below is completely subjective, and always difficult to know how much input he had on each signing (e.g. was Watkins pushed by Smith, Moreno led by Emery, etc.), but (as I'm bored this morning) - signings since he started:

Exceptional: Martinez, Watkins, Kamara

Good: Cash, Buendia, Young, Moreno

Average: Traore, Bailey, Ings, Chambers, Dendoncker

Flops: Sanson, Digne*, Coutinho*, Augustinsson, Olsen, Bednarek

TBC/too early to say: Diego Carlos, Duran

*Digne and Coutinho's performances are probably more comparable to the Average signings - but weighed against the £30m and £20m fees and astronomical wages, they're a flop so far.  

So a very long-winded way of saying I agree with the post you made three weeks ago 😅. Obviously our current form is making this look more rosy, but that's not bad recruitment at all. Three exceptional signings.

Martinez was pushed through by Cutler, he made it sound like the rest of he club wanted someone else.

Kamara was won over by a visit to his house by Gerrard.

No way can Lange take credit for them.

:trollface:

Looks like langes toast unless they moving him into a more analytical role.

Tbh ive been disappointed in lange as i was expecting some Scandinavian gems coming in, and the inlybtwo that have come was olsen and augs and bith for me have been utter flops

i think he's done a decent job, on paper we have a surprisingly good squad, dendoncker being our 3rd choice DMC for example, he was a starter at wolves and for belgium, its better than newcastle's IMO we've just had the decline of smith and the **** clown in charge

digne and coutinho aside i think we've had some pretty natural turnover of players as we've looked to progress up the table, the likes of trez etc served a purpose, only really bailey would go down as his big miss for me

hopefully he keeps some sort of role at the club

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think he's done a decent job, on paper we have a surprisingly good squad, dendoncker being our 3rd choice DMC for example, he was a starter at wolves and for belgium, its better than newcastle's IMO we've just had the decline of smith and the **** clown in charge

digne and coutinho aside i think we've had some pretty natural turnover of players as we've looked to progress up the table, the likes of trez etc served a purpose, only really bailey would go down as his big miss for me

hopefully he keeps some sort of role at the club

Decent was enough for midtable, we need exceptional to push on to the next level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Decent was enough for midtable, we need exceptional to push on to the next level.

but i think thats what his remit kind of was...build a team to stay up, build a team to be a solid mid table team, build a team to push on

him and suso did the fist two (and we hounded suso out still) would we not let him carry on and try and do the last bit?

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like langes toast unless they moving him into a more analytical role.

Tbh ive been disappointed in lange as i was expecting some Scandinavian gems coming in, and the inlybtwo that have come was olsen and augs and bith for me have been utter flops

A lot of Scandinavaian gems cant get work permits like Schjelderup

Its mainly just senior internationals

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2023 at 19:58, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People still have no idea what he does but always have a moan at him anyway 

The good players he has nothing to do with, the shite ones are all him. ( People realise the bloke isn't selecting players on his own right? ) Multiple factors will dictate what players you get.

It reminds me of how the McPhee thread tends to get bumped every time we lose and concede from a corner or something 😂... " WDFAFC nAnNy mCfEe nEeDs tO gEt oUt mY cLuB "

Anyway, I've always thought we needed someone higher profile etc in the Sporting Director area.

Got no hate towards Don Lange though.

I've never heard him speak in the time he has been with us.

bloefeld.jpg

• Like 1

On 20/04/2023 at 10:16, MrBlack said:

Martinez was pushed through by Cutler, he made it sound like the rest of he club wanted someone else.

Kamara was won over by a visit to his house by Gerrard.

No way can Lange take credit for them.

:trollface:

such sophistication😀

• 3 weeks later...

Click baity linked to Wet Spam 

https://www.westhamzone.com/news/aston-villa-chief-johan-lange-on-west-ham-united-radar/

West Ham United are considering Aston Villa chief Johan Lange to fill the soon-to-be vacant sporting director position at the London Stadium, according to 90min

Lange’s recruitment at Villa has been impressive. The second half of the 2022/23 season has seen the Villans fly up the league standings with Unai Emery at the helm. The task at West Ham would be a similar one for the Dane to get stuck into, so this is a move which makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

He's another who's " useless " according to a section of fans as well, so not sure why any club would want him...

*** Yes... The same types who know nothing about what him, McPhee, Purslow etc actually do, but confidently berate them anyway.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, wishywashy said:

West Ham are supposedly after Paul Mitchell, per ExWHUEmployee.

Isn't that the powder fisted blues fan that attacked Jack? Recently bit the dust.  

That would be a great signing 😜 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe right thread since Alemany didnt work out. Maldini just bizarrely got sacked at Milan and would work well with Lange as technical director. Some great recruitment in recent years

Edited by Zatman

Â