What are you doing for our last stand?

Hornso

I think I’m just going to have it on the TV with the family, my little boy will ensure I can’t concentrate on it all too much! Then if it’s all positive come 5pm I’m going to get hog-whimpering drunk.  Actually I’ll probably get drunk either way.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I’m going for Sunday dinner at my wife’s parents, he doesn’t have BT Sport so I’ll be taking my laptop and watching alone. I’ve debated getting BT Sport to watch it with the whole family, but if it goes wrong I don’t think I could compose myself in front of them. Her Dad and Uncle do like football but don’t support anyone, my wife ‘supports’ Villa. My kids aren’t all that interested, and my wife’s mum hates it. 

So yeah, eat my dinner quickly and rock back and forth nervously in the corner 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just so nobody thinks I’m dodging my own question...

It’s on at Monday 1am here on the east coast of Australia. For most of the season with the early morning games I’ve woken up at a reasonable hour and watched the replay on demand, but I won’t be able to sleep for this, too nervous.

So it’ll watching it on my iPhone in bed, trying not to wake the missus. Probably will be the saddest response in here 😝.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

Early on in the OT virus thread I said I didn't care if Villa were relegated. Who was I kidding? I'm bricking it. My first thought is to avoid it completely until full time, which is what I did for the Arse game. But I suspect masochism may get the better of me and I'll watch. But if we go a goal down I'll probably go out for a walk. 

• Like 1

I don’t think I could handle either watching or listening to any of the matches that matter tomorrow so will bury my head in the sand and check well after full time has elapsed :( 

I admire anyone who is looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I'll be on my own which is a relief.  I'll probably find a stream to have the Villa game on my tablet but probably have my main focus on Arsenal v Watford and hoping for a couple of early Arsenal goals so I can relax a bit.  Then either way I'll meet my mate for a couple of drinks in the park if it's not pissing down.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The Mrs is going to her friends 3 pm leaving me and my two ardent Villan teenage sons alone to watch it unfold. The phone will ring every time something important happens with my dad on the line. May have to break the booze ban for today. All will be well should the right thing happen but after my eldest smashed his glasses on the fireplace after Walcott scored it will be carnage should it not with lots of tears. Am I looking forward to it. Hell Yeah, This is what it’s all about and I am extremely proud and lucky there will be three generations of us all supporting the cause

Oh bless him, he smashed his glasses? The poor lad. I’ve got a 2 year old and I do often think whether I should inflict being a Villa fan on him or not... but then I couldn’t handle him supporting another team so probably nothing else for it. He needs to learn life’s tough and what better way than being a Villa fan!?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh bless him, he smashed his glasses? The poor lad. I’ve got a 2 year old and I do often think whether I should inflict being a Villa fan on him or not... but then I couldn’t handle him supporting another team so probably nothing else for it. He needs to learn life’s tough and what better way than being a Villa fan!?

Smashed his glasses and was sobbing on the settee for a good 20 minutes.It is very much a family tradition. I think he is either six or seventh generation Villa. My mum told me when I was 10 or 11 that I could support any team I wanted but if it was not Villa I would have to leave home at 16. Still not sure if she was serious or not 🤣Fortunately by then I was a season ticket holder and had been for a number of years And soon to become league champions and European champions

Make your lad a villan, It is the only right thing to do

The calm before the storm

7BB28F82-2333-4C4F-8A52-A7C7A2171669.jpeg

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Smashed his glasses and was sobbing on the settee for a good 20 minutes.It is very much a family tradition. I think he is either six or seventh generation Villa. My mum told me when I was 10 or 11 that I could support any team I wanted but if it was not Villa I would have to leave home at 16. Still not sure if she was serious or not 🤣Fortunately by then I was a season ticket holder and had been for a number of years And soon to become league champions and European champions

Make your lad a villan, It is the only right thing to do

The calm before the storm

7BB28F82-2333-4C4F-8A52-A7C7A2171669.jpeg

I don’t mean to pry, but how did you get him to sleep on the ceiling? 

• Haha 2

I'm off to pick up my son, meeting his mum in the service station at 5pm, may watch 2nd half with him there depending on how its going. Last match we watched together was Crystal Palace so he is a good omen! 

• Like 2

I’m in a hotel in Milwaukee (weekend break from Chicago), and am going to sit and watch this in bed before checkout at noon.

Given the ownership, I think this is Villa’s new spiritual home in the US!

The Mrs can just lay around in the nude waiting for me to celebrate on her after the game.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 2

Â