Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Opinion is fine, but your post was based on a lack of understanding of buy back clauses. You stated

Which can't happen if we have a buy back clause as when we activate it the player resigns for us on the terms we agree in the buyback. Another team can only sign him if we choose not to exercise the buy back. 

As such, your "worst case scenario" is actually the best case, he dies really well and we resign him for below his market value because we hold the buy back clause. 

A buyback clause just means Burnley cannot reject a specific transfer bid from villa at a set price within the set time frames.

Burnley could still accept any other offer from any other club, whenever they want. 

This isn’t a 3rd party ownership deal in which the club still effectively controls the player. In this scenario the player would no longer be contracted to Aston Villa and would therefore have no control on what the player or new club chooses to do afterwards, other than having access to a specific release clause. The club cannot force Burnley to reject other transfer offers, because the player is contracted solely to them, and villa cannot force the player or any other player for that matter in the future to sign a contract and rejoin the club without agreeing all the usual personal terms.

There is no guarantee if a buy back was activated that villa would be the only club with an offer accepted or that the player would sign for villa - they could have a more attractive offer elsewhere or they just might not want to return in general after we previously sold them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

JJ was very lucky he had Hourihane as his competition when he broke through . Aaron would have JJ Buendia Philogene Diaby Coutinho Bailey Traore and even McGinn to get ahead of in order to play regularly 

We have to remember that fan or no fan , Aaron is a professional footballer. At the age of 20 if someone asked me to either play substitute on Thursday evenings or play regularly in the prem with a say 4 year contract worth double or treble what he is earning now then i think i know my answer , and i fcking love this club. 

JJ would have broken through no matter what.

He is that good and seem so determined to succeed.

That's just my opinion. A managers dream on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

A buyback clause just means Burnley cannot reject a specific transfer bid from villa at a set price within the set time frames.

Burnley could still accept any other offer from any other club, whenever they want. 

This isn’t a 3rd party ownership deal in which the club still effectively controls the player. In this scenario the player would no longer be contracted to Aston Villa and would therefore have no control on what the player or new club chooses to do afterwards, other than having access to a specific release clause. The club cannot force Burnley to reject other transfer offers, because the player is contracted solely to them, and villa cannot force the player or any other player for that matter in the future to sign a contract and rejoin the club without agreeing all the usual personal terms.

There is no guarantee if a buy back was activated that villa would be the only club with an offer accepted or that the player would sign for villa - they could have a more attractive offer elsewhere or they just might not want to return in general after we previously sold them.

I don't think they have a choice, there's first refusals, release clauses and buy back clauses. We haven't seen buy back clauses used much in this country but everything about Ramsey's future return like wages etc will already be set in the contract.

Morata had a buy back clause with Madrid when he was at Juve. Madrid got him back mainly with the plan to sell him on for a profit, which they did a year later to Chelsea for double what the buy back clause was. He said himself he did not want to leave Juve at the time.

• Like 1

Might as well get used to this, we're going to have to get better at selling players and since all our squad players are duds we can't get cash for that means selling youths. This particular type of deal is probably also going to become a lot more common in general given that there are now limits on how many players you can loan in from clubs within the PL. 

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

I don't think they have a choice, there's first refusals, release clauses and buy back clauses. We haven't seen buy back clauses used much in this country but everything about Ramsey's future return like wages etc will already be set in the contract.

Morata had a buy back clause with Madrid when he was at Juve. Madrid got him back mainly with the plan to sell him on for a profit, which they did a year later to Chelsea for double what the buy back clause was. He said himself he did not want to leave Juve at the time.

to be clear, the Nixon story says 'the only hurdle will be Ramsey agreeing terms with Villa in the buy back scenario', ie this has not been decided (and I don't see how it could be; he's not a slave and we're not human traffickers. If he doesn't have a contract with us (he doesn't) then he has the freedom not to work for us, same as anyone else). 

Just now, useless said:

This is the day the music stopped

I understand where you're coming from because you have a very real relationship with our young players from Academy to U21's, and we've all benefitted from your regular input on their respective highlights and rate of progress. It must be difficult seeing players that you've followed week in week out possibly parting ways with our club.

I used to go to a lot of reserve games at the Bescot just for the joy of watching our youngsters develop and it was hugely satisfying. Sadly for deeply committed fans like you the days of a clear line of progression to the first team are ending. It's now the job of our highly regarded coach and our very able Director of Football to sign players who are totally ready to do the specific job that Emery requires them to do. That costs money and that money has to be generated from somewhere. Aaron Ramsey as we've said earlier is a victim of timing not lack of talent. If he moves to Burnley I'm sure we're all going to watch his progress carefully and support him all the way. (except when he plays against us, lol).

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

to be clear, the Nixon story says 'the only hurdle will be Ramsey agreeing terms with Villa in the buy back scenario', ie this has not been decided (and I don't see how it could be; he's not a slave and we're not human traffickers. If he doesn't have a contract with us (he doesn't) then he has the freedom not to work for us, same as anyone else). 

It sounds borderline illegal to me as well but Madrid and Barca have been doing it for years.

• Like 1

Everyone should be disappointed to lose Ramsey, not just those that follow the academy, he's not just some random youngsters, he's one of the best in his age group in the country, if nothing else the fact that another Premier League team want him and are willing to spend millions for him should give some indication as to how highly rated he is.

Even if he doesn't impress at Burnley who's to say he wouldn't have impressed for in different environment and with better players around him, but we're throwing all that away.

Would have sooner sold any of our other attackers besides Watkins, Diaby, and Jacob.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Pathway for Ramsey here is blocked for sure. Sale with buyback clause seems right in this situation. What's a 3rd season going on loan to Championship going to do? 

Although I more or less agree I don't think there's anything stopping him from going on loan in the Premier League. 

Just now, Farlz said:

The pathway is blocked for all of our youth if its the case for Ramsey. 

Disappointing that it's come to this. 

No it's not. He happens to play in a position that we are stacked in and is at the point where we can't give him the minutes he needs because we have better options. 

To Useless' point, we're not losing him. We're basically loaning him there and will be able to bring him back if he's a success. 

• Like 2

Â