Political Ramifications of Covid-19 Pandemic

maqroll

Everybody who is out and about at the moment whilst there is a deadly virus in the air is derserving is a bonus on their regular pay, no question. 

My sister in law was getting a bonus from Wickes for coming in.

My only point was that it will inevitable that people will ask why those working hands on with the sickest people, in the worst conditions are not getting any of this extra tax payer funded bonus, but those a couple of tiers down on the risk chart are.

Pressure needs to be on government to give NHS staff something extraordinary for their extraordinary effort and sacrifice.

Yes, agreed.

They will clap on Thursday, they’ll ask why the hell the council are giving care staff an extra 87p when the nurses haven’t had it. 

Then they’ll trot out and vote tory.

People are shit.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pressure needs to be on government to give NHS staff something extraordinary for their extraordinary effort and sacrifice.

On this, we definitely agree. Over to the opposition to put some heat on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

My only point was that it will inevitable that people will ask why those working hands on with the sickest people, in the worst conditions are not getting any of this extra tax payer funded bonus, but those a couple of tiers down on the risk chart are.

Because they are funded by different bodies. And one body has decided that the people they employ deserve a financial reward and the other (as yet) has not. 

I'm not sure why you are framing it as people asking why nurses are getting applause rather than more money as something other than a completely positive thing. Sounds like something people should be asking.

Maybe they might even think twice before voting for the terrible shits next time. 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

They could have a badge?

27262788-8224887-image-a-8_1587029424735

In the age of photoshop It takes either a very brave or a very foolhardy politician to hold up a badge with a four letter word beginning with "C" on it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I think its already here. People asking how are you, and actually meaning it. 

Not to mention SHITS (saying hello in the street). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I’m not sure why you are framing it as people asking why nurses are getting applause rather than more money as something other than a completely positive thing. Sounds like something people should be asking.

Who said anything about applause?

Christ, people are hard wired to object in the politics threads aren’t they :lol: 

I was just making an observation that I’d expect their to be a bit of a public outcry if it was common knowledge that some council staff were getting a bonus but doctors and nurses were not. That’s all.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was just making an observation that I’d expect their to be a bit of a public outcry if it was common knowledge that some council staff were getting a bonus but doctors and nurses were not. That’s all.

And as many people have replied - fantastic, if so.

Your original framing seemed to suggest that people getting angry about it, was something other than a completely positive thing. They should be angry.

You know how the government have been hiding behind the defence of they follow the science?

Well, 

The prime minister’s chief political adviser, Dominic Cummings, and a data scientist he worked with on the Vote Leave campaign for Brexit are on the secret scientific group advising the government on the coronavirus pandemic

Conmen

2000.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Recycled it obvs!*

*some word removed nicked it. 

Back when I bought my first house, It was quite a new house and a number of the locals were council / housing association residents. Anyway, the lid broke on the wheely bin so we called council and they sent a replacement. We didn’t have a sticker or anything on it originally just a white pen number of our house. Came home from work after first time it had been put out and it was nowhere to be seen. Went upstairs and looked out of bedroom window and could see it in the neighbours garden, next to their bin. Knocked on the door and asked if they’d taken my new bin by mistake, absolutely not she replied... I said you did because you I can see it in your garden... Oh, oh, erm, my husband must have brought it in by mistake. Of course, he accidentally brought 2 bins back and stashed them in the corner of the garden. Tramp.

Â