Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

3 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah exactly, and when Plop finally wins the title it will be utter mayhem for days upon days.

now in june / july / august with the good weather (!) it'll be like England fan parks from the euros, the notion that it'll be ok because 40k fans wont be there at the stadium is lost when hundreds of thousands of them pile in to pubs all over the country, which the pub industry would quietly promote seeing as they're on their ass right now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Jamie O'Hara, manager of Biliricay was just on Sky saying football in the UK (or specifically lower league) should be null and voided. He has four players signed up for next season due to current contract issues with Coving-19.

Don't agree with null and voiding anything. 

If takes away players appearances and goals etc. Abandon the league perhaps,  but not null and voided. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between the two?

My understanding is that null and void basically means expunging the records from history. Effectively the games never took place. Never to be recorded in the record books. Man City would I presume lose their league cup win, etc

Abandonment is just ending the season as is, and peoples records, goals, trophies won to date, still stand, even if the title isn't awarded to anyone

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Abandonment would mean that current bottom three would be relegated, and Liverpool would be awarded the title, otherwise it would no different from null and voiding the season.

Yep, I think you'd have to go with points per game for abandonment - which would still leave the same bottom three - I'm not sure who would be where in terms of European qualification.

Liverpool are very interesting - they don't really want to finish the season - they want to play one, maybe two games, win the title then hit the beach. How we persuade them to play seven dead rubbers is a mystery to me.

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Abandonment would mean that current bottom three would be relegated, and Liverpool would be awarded the title, otherwise it would no different from null and voiding the season.

No it doesn't. 

I think the govt will allow games to be played behind closed door before the end of May. 

if construction sites have remained open throughout then 166 staff to run a match may be allowed too. 

The main difference would be Ambulance/Police attendance at the football which could swing the decision. 

21 minutes ago, villa_shere said:

I think the govt will allow games to be played behind closed door before the end of May. 

if construction sites have remained open throughout then 166 staff to run a match may be allowed too. 

The main difference would be Ambulance/Police attendance at the football which could swing the decision. 

I dont. Think June will be earliest 

This is the kind of thing that makes me sick to my stomach about football and a part of me wouldnt care if football came back for the this reason alone

You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself ozil

20200421_092502.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is the kind of thing that makes me sick to my stomach about football and a part of me wouldnt care if football came back for the this reason alone

You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself ozil

20200421_092502.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villa_shere said:

The 166 is for lower league teams, Will be closer 400 for Premier League games

• Like 1

"we want you to take a pay cut which may be paid back via performance related bonuses" 

"I want to take wage defferal until the virus is over and you can provide me with a full analysis of the financial impact it had on the club rather than a forecast" 

Easy to call him a bastard but he's not wrong... He's just in the fortunate position to have that kind of power, the question he's asking is the right one, last year was the 1st year since 2002 that arsenal lost money and since then they've signed a £60m a year Adidas deal

I would be the same at my work if I took a pay cut for 12 months due to the virus and they turned out to make a profit in next year's figures I'd be pissed, I'd guess most people would be

As people have already said, the likely crucial issue is that of ambulances. I don't know how far down the leagues you have to go before there aren't ambulances at the matches, but there certainly are in the top two tiers, and I assume maybe lower as well? It's not just 'an ambulance', it's 'fifty ambulances, over a weekend' or something. I don't see how that's possible. So you're either left with the small but significant chance that Joe Schmo breaks his leg on telly with no-one to help him, or you're left with the idea they floated a while ago of trying to complete the whole lot in one big go, at one site (Wembley has been mentioned, but surely there's more pitches at Burton, and less pressure on the local ambulance service?). However, then you have problems with catering, hotels, proximity etc.

Hard for me to see how they can complete the season.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet you linked the Mirror 🙄😂

Why would the mirror be biased against  arsenal?

Also why you justifying ozil rejecting a pay cut on that wage. Its despicable 

Edited by Demitri_C

Â