Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Has anyone watched a full 90 mins of this ?  I have managed a few minutes but it is garbage IMO.  

You could maybe get away with 1 game televised behind closed doors in extreme circumstances maybe as a last resort, but the thought of 80 games like this and the sheer madness of it as even a concept in a brainstorm is mind boggling. 

Pretty much this, its a fair punishment for racism etc but as a concept its dreadful and will be like watching training games. 

Footballers also feed off the atmosphere compared to say Tennis or Golf which can get away with behind closed doors. 

90 minutes of sky sheepishly apologising for the swearing? yeah its shit....watched the PSG v Dortmund game, its flat and weird, no doubt id get my head around it after a couple of games but id be watching it out of spite rather than enjoying any of it

Gothia Cup in Gothenburg,the largest and most international youth soccer tournament in the world with more than 1700 teams from 80 nations every year has been cancelled.

no crowds

I think its also a bit like the premier league where they shout out ideas with no actual government acceptance in the hope that the public will then pressure them in to passing it, the Bundesliga can have as many "right here's what we're going to do" meetings as they like, if Merkel doesn't budge then its been a waste of time, probably also like the PL they want to engineer it in to a position where the decision not to go ahead is not taken by them, the government is the big baddie

there's probably also a little bit of hope that football sparks some sort of domino effect back to normality, it starts with behind closed doors football, then crowds come back, then gigs come back, then Oktoberfest sneaks in too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

behind closed doors football

You could if you wanted,  tape Steve Bruce as he shouted tactical gold nuggets around the pitch like a bust Clay pigeon Target thrower,  if you can imagine such a thing.  

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Surely many lower league clubs will be against Behind Closed Doors matches as they will lose money?

They are meeting this week about a boycott. They estimate you need 166 people on site to play a behind closed doors game

• Like 1

I still wonder how they will handle the medical side of playing games. What are the rule when it comes to medical staff, ambulances and stuff like that at game?

Obviously with no fans there is no need for police and stuff like that but what are the insurance situations regarding players?

I imagine the health care system will have more pressing issues than a bunch of guys chasing a ball around for money.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Jamie O'Hara, manager of Biliricay was just on Sky saying football in the UK (or specifically lower league) should be null and voided. He has four players signed up for next season due to current contract issues with Coving-19.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

I still wonder how they will handle the medical side of playing games. What are the rule when it comes to medical staff, ambulances and stuff like that at game?

Obviously with no fans there is no need for police and stuff like that but what are the insurance situations regarding players?

Fans will still go towards the stadium, happened in Paris so police and medical staff required.

Ballboys, catering, electricians, bus drivers, security, journalists, photographers, groundsmen, officials. I am sure a few more missing to go with 36 players and probably 30 backroom staff

Just now, Zatman said:

Fans will still go towards the stadium, happened in Paris so police and medical staff required.

Ballboys, catering, electricians, bus drivers, security, journalists, photographers, groundsmen, officials. I am sure a few more missing to go with 36 players and probably 30 backroom staff

Yeah exactly, and when Plop finally wins the title it will be utter mayhem for days upon days.

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Apparently over 50% of League One and two players are out of contract June 30th and teams are saying they will not pay them afterwards.

Over 1000 footballers will come out of contract in England alone..

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

You could if you wanted,  tape Steve Bruce as he shouted tactical gold nuggets around the pitch like a bust Clay pigeon Target thrower,  if you can imagine such a thing.  

I would pay to watch Steve Bruce v Steve Bunce behind closed doors.

Bruce to win. Buncey is the better writer though.

God I am bored.

• Haha 1

Suso, Milan attacker on loan at Sevilla, went through Canal Sur Radio's microphones to analyze the situation in which he finds himself, both personally and as a group. The player from Cádiz clearly showed that his priority is to finish LaLiga, but as long as the resumption of the championship had all the sanitary guarantees: “I would like to finish the League, it is what a footballer wants, matches like the derby came, but if there is a 1% health risk it is crazy to play. I'm not saying that because of Sevilla's classification, I don't have any fear of finishing the league, if we were third it would be for something and we can surely defend that position.

“It would be an illusion to continue in Sevilla and also do it to play the Champions League, which is the competition the club deserves,” added Suso, who has all the ballots for Sevilla to exercise the purchase option they have on him when the season concludes. Logically, Suso was questioned about the salary reduction that has been made to the first team, something with which he agreed: “For my part, there was no problem in lowering my salary to help the club and the people of the club, in a tragedy putting a grain of sand is the least that needs to be done. “

https://sportsfinding.com/suso-playing-again-with-a-1-risk-is-crazy/31392/

Gonzalo Higuain has also said something similar

Â