Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

On 30/04/2022 at 13:57, Phil Silvers said:

I would imagine he will be firmly in Gerrard's plans next year, back up to Cashy and he will get minutes, he's easily good enough.

Or maybe a season loan to a top half championship team to test himself at a higher level first?

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Or maybe a season loan to a top half championship team to test himself at a higher level first?

Ye, i think he would benefit from a loan to a good "footballing" team in the Champ next year, a full hard knocks season would benefit him more than the odd sub appearance imo.

Tie over thanks to a guy whose made a career out of not being able to get box to box not being able to tackle not being able to shoot not being able to kick the ball further than 7 yards and having the physique of a 12 year old boy.

I only watched some of the first half but seemed like Wycombe were doing a good job of making sure the game was played in the way that they wanted it played, that is very scrappy, MK Dons weren't allowed to get into their rhythmn. One nil to Wycombe wouldn't have been too bad, two nil going to be tough, but I wouldn't completely rule MK Dons out of it yet as they're more than capable of scoring goals, just need to make sure they can get the first in the second leg.

Wycombe bullied MK from the parts I saw, they were far more physical whereas MK were  trying to be more technical, but at that level of the game the passing ability left much to be desired to say the least. As for Kesler, he wasn’t able to get on the ball much as the team were mostly dominated by the opposition, he was guilty of some wayward passes as well as a few other players as they struggled with the pressure of the tough Wycombe side. He did come alive early in the second half, winning a few free kicks, although I gave up shortly after as the game descended into too much fouling on both sides. In defence he struggled to make a difference with the long ball approach from Wycombe which mostly came towards the centre backs anyway. Not sure if it was tactical or individual but I couldn’t work out his positioning, he was neither covering the defensive areas nor pushing up high enough to contribute an attacking threat.

Based on this game and another one I saw, maybe another loan spell in a more technically competent side preferably in the championship might be best. Hopefully Gerrard takes a proper look at him in preseason though. Of course it’s all about experience at the moment, his first year of senior football, and winning young player of the season at Swindon despite leaving in Jan, and then play offs at MK is a great start

If we sign Gomez and Hickie in summer and Young extends his contract by 1 year I think KKH should get a loan to the Championship. Gomez has played 52 games at RB for Liverpool and we also have Chambers who can play there. Plus Hickie. 

I think for KKH getting a full season in a promotion chasing side in Championship would be great for him

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we sign Gomez and Hickie in summer and Young extends his contract by 1 year I think KKH should get a loan to the Championship. Gomez has played 52 games at RB for Liverpool and we also have Chambers who can play there. Plus Hickie. 

I think for KKH getting a full season in a promotion chasing side in Championship would be great for him

But neither Gomez or Chambers are so energetic like Cash which our full backs need to be if we are playing without width

Yes. A disappointing end for him at MK Dons. Vital experiences though. There is an interview on AVFC.co.uk - he comes across really well and appears to know where he wants to improve and where he wants to get to.  Also seems like he is being given an opportunity in pre-season to impress the manager and make himself part of the plans. Surely this means Guilbert is being sold. I can see KKH, Carney (new contract?), Tim and Archer all being included next season. Exciting. 

Â