Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Just now, Zatman said:

Dortmund paid 8 million for Sancho, City were due 200k if he left when his contract expired

Yeah I thought it was like  £8m when I read it a while ago. Transfermarkt have added the sell on clause money I assume.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I thought it was like  £8m when I read it a while ago. Transfermarkt have added the sell on clause money I assume.

Yes, City had a a 15% of profit sell on clause.  So in total they have received about £18m from Dortmund.  

• Like 2

If we get a similar deal and get £18-20m out of it then that's a decent return from this. We loan Sanson out. Luiz signs new contract and we bring in an experienced 8 like say Wijnaldum on loan with option to buy. 

We are then in a good place with Kamara versatile in playing 6 / 8 and Tim and Aaron coming through in midfield. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

So he's definitely not going to sign a new contract with us?

We don't know. He's to decide now what he wants to do, sign the contract or find a club to bid for him and move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So he's definitely not going to sign a new contract with us?

Looks unlikely, the contract has been on the table since October apparently.  Being left out of the team might force him to sign it if he has no offers, if he has offers then he's likely off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Ok, I saw the posts discussing poss fee and got (more) worried. I would be very disappointed if we don't manage to keep him.

It's all just speculation.  People just comparing the Sancho situation at City to work out how much we could get if we sold him.

I do like the way villa are handling this in terms of them saying 'the' contract is on the table, no room for negotiation if any other players are thinking of doing similar.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

I do like the way villa are handling this in terms of them saying 'the' contract is on the table, no room for negotiation if any other players are thinking of doing similar.

At some point Villa have to draw the line, the contract is there, sign it or don't.  Even if Chuk stays, it will hopefully set a precedent with other players that come through can't hold the club to ransom.

• Like 1

I don’t think this means he will be 100% be leaving us.  He may still decide to sign the contract and stay at Villa.  

In some respects I’m a little surprised at Gerrards honesty in why he hasn’t gone to Australia. But on the other hand he was asked a question so why should he lie.

Also sounds like it was his call and the club are backing him. He certainly ain’t no Lambert style yes man. (Whether that’s a good thing or not is for another thread). 

Don't think we will here anything now until the team are back from Australia, it will give Carney time to think about the situation he finds himself in.

He will either sign the contract or it will alienate him and his mind is made up to leave.  Him and his team at least now know that the offer Villa have made is the final and best he's getting for now, so unless he has another club lined up that can better Villas offer, he either signs and stays or he goes.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How are people still debating whether it's about money or not, when people who would know more than us, have straight up come out and said it IS about money, over the last few days? Lol

Apparently we made him a great offer, and he wants it doubled.

I have no " vitriol" at all towards the kid, but I'm also tired of all the hyperbole and being held over a barrel for a kid who thinks he's already Paul Pogba and hyped by some fans as such.

We need to just get the best money we can for him, or he can continue to boss it against 16, 17 and 18 year olds at his level.

We have other players and youngsters who want to be here, we can concentrate on.

Also, a crucial thing which others have pointed out, is his agent coming out a year and a half ago and said he WILL NOT be signing a contract, so they've stayed true to their word.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Villa fans siding with the club on this.

I've not heard this TBH, if it's true he shouldn't even have been promoted to the first team and should have been shipped out on loan or sold.

• Like 1

Â