Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Luiz is in the same position and he's on the tour. I'm pretty sure he had an offer on the table while Smith was still here.

He also has the luxury of not being a literal teenager and this not being his first big professional contract. Can we conclude that Luiz wants to sign then? 

Re my last comment, maybe it suggests Luiz is close to signing a new contract.  Also a very big difference between a kid doing it and one of your main players doing it.  It wouldn’t surprise me if we hear Dougie signing a contract in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He’s only 18 and probably focused on his football, maybe he’s weighing up the contract, or waiting to see what the new season brings. There could be various non-footballing reasons he’s not put pen to paper yet. I think it’s wrong to judge this person so poorly with so little evidence. 

I’m basing it on Gerrard leaving him at home.  The club knew what that would say and still did it, it was a very direct hit on Carney especially with the manager saying it in an official video.  I think this was Gerrard telling us, it was too direct not to be.

• Like 1

Yet to see any evidence that he can perform at senior level and he looks a long way off the pace being set by others so really couldn't care less what he does nor where he goes ...... just hope he does whatever he wants to do quickly as the amount of talk about a player of limited importance to us is crazy !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still no evidence he wants to leave. Let’s just wait and see for something official either way. 

I think the main issue is there is no evidence he wants to stay. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe he wants to stay and see what his first team opportunities are like next season before signing the deal

Kasper Schmeichel did an interview that when at City he was promised to be first choice if signed a deal, he signed the deal and was told the next week Joe Hart would be first choice going forward

That's likely not a position the club wants to be in.  The player could get all the game time he wants and then sign a contract with someone else in January.

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How is Luiz acting? How is Carney acting?

Luiz is acting like a proffesional who is undecided.

Carney is acting like he is a top class footballer already and is looking for the highest bid. Does he REALLY expect to walk into the first 11 at whichever club he goes to ?

• Confused 3

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still no evidence he wants to leave. Let’s just wait and see for something official either way. 

Gerrard leaving him back home suggests different.  What else can you take from that? If it was undecided then you’d believe Gerrard would have took him or at least not been so direct about the reason in the last interview today.  I think that’s as public as you’ll get.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Gerrard leaving him back home suggests different.  What else can you take from that? If it was undecided then you’d believe Gerrard would have took him or at least not been so direct about the reason in the last interview today.  I think that’s as public as you’ll get.

Agree with this. He’s gone. Let move on.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Football clubs let a hell of lot of players go as well when not good enough, normally with not much to fall back on.  It works both ways.

He has to do what is best for him and his family. Not what is best for Aston Villa.

Agreed but if that was the case then how can it not be at villa? That makes no sense to me when you see whats happened with JJ timmy etc

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agreed but if that was the case then how can it not be at villa? That makes no sense to me when you see whats happened with JJ timmy etc

Timmy is hardly a great example since he walked out on West Brom last year to join Villa for a small fee

It is surprisingly OK for Villa fans to raid other teams for young talent but not when one wants to leave

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think this is one of the best moments in Gerrards time as Villa manager. It's a team game not an individual sport. 

I agree. Great management on behalf of the club.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Timmy is hardly a great example since he walked out on West Brom last year to join Villa for a small fee

It is surprisingly OK for Villa fans to raid other teams for young talent but not when one wants to leave

Of course it's okay.  When it's your club doing it then it's fine, when another club does it to you, it's not, would literally be the stance from every fanbase in world football.

24 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Yet to see any evidence that he can perform at senior level and he looks a long way off the pace being set by others 

He’s 18 and played like 10 senior games!!! 

The truth is we’re probably going to end up losing the best 18 year old in the country.

Edited by abdomlahor

56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How is Luiz acting? How is Carney acting?

Yep - as far as I can see one is getting first team football - the other isn't.

Think Carney's contract runs until Oct 2023.

A lot can happen in that time. 😄

Has a youth player ever bothered so many of our fans before?

I just don't care either way, but without the Claret and Blue specs on I hope him and his team make the best decision for himself. He's a talent and can potentially go to the top. 

I'm also fine with how Villa are handling the situation, so long as this doesn't turn toxic (which I don't think it will) then whatever the outcome is will be fine for me.

I mentioned a few days back that some fans have ripped him and today they have continued to (not saying its here on VT), I think it's crazy to be judging an 18 year old so harsh for not being sure what he wants to do with his career. For those that are over 18 we have all been in situations where you are in limbo about your future...

I think the path of club and player will divert in the near future as Gerrard will not like the attitude shown here. I think he really respects Ramsey because he is quite and humble and will work hard to try and improve and that is why he is in the first team as he has knuckled down to show what he can do before making demands beforehand. As a result he has just under a 1 in 5 strike rate for us this season and will likely only improve.

Personally I think Chuk will go on to have a good career either with us or elsewhere but I am happy enough with the progress we are trying to make and also the current crop of youngsters not to be too miffed if he goes

• Like 1

I don’t know Chuck or how he’s behaving. However if he’s looking for a bigger pay day then there’s an element of being badly advised. Most of the other development players around him have signed new contracts, so I doubt the club are being tight. If he plays and does well, then like plenty of others in the recent past I’m sure improved terms will be on the cards. 

If it’s down to game time, surely he’s the only person who can effect that? No player, or at least very few can expect to be guaranteed time on the pitch, without putting in performances that make that happen. If a 19 year old with a handful of first team matches thinks he can make those sort of demands, then he’s either deluded or again badly advised. 

He’s playing under a manager who is an expro at the very highest level. He’ll know exactly how the process works and I think that generally comes down to relentless hard work on and off the pitch, coupled with a desire to succeed which translates into proving you’re good enough, every match and every training session. I’m not sure he’s done that yet but I’m pretty sure the club nor the manager will be bullied.

Hopefully if there is a problem of this nature, the senior players in the club will give him some good advice and he will listen to them. A hell of a lot of talented players have fell by the wayside for reasons other than lack of talent. 

• Like 1

Â