Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

And after that ?

We could have all been nuked by then. 

Unless he directly comes out and asks to leave then i'd be picking him. He may not sign a new deal until next pre-season. I'm not going to banish him to the reserves or actively look to sell him while he is considering his options. 

Everyone assumed Salah wouldn't sign a new deal and today he has. 

Still plenty of time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

We could have all been nuked by then. 

Unless he directly comes out and asks to leave then i'd be picking him. He may not sign a new deal until next pre-season. I'm not going to banish him to the reserves or actively look to sell him while he is considering his options. 

Everyone assumed Salah wouldn't sign a new deal and today he has. 

Still plenty of time. 

He would have signed by now. I don't think everyone assumed Salah wouldn't sign, in fact, the opposite, imo. Klopp seemed confident that he would.

As for Chuck, he looks to have his sights set elsewhere. He has had plenty of first team opportunities with us, so why wouldn't he have signed already?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He would have signed by now. I don't think everyone assumed Salah wouldn't sign, in fact, the opposite, imo. Klopp seemed confident that he would.

As for Chuck, he looks to have his sights set elsewhere. He has had plenty of first team opportunities with us, so why wouldn't he have signed already?

I think everyone assumed Salah would be at Liverpool this season. but was likely to run his contract down and leave on a free. 

Chuk hasn't said anything to assume he has his sights elsewhere. I wouldn't think its about money because if he'd signed a new contract last year, he'd have had 12 months of earning a far higher salary. I think it's more down to playing time if anything. IMO.

He's only had 312 mins of Premier League game time.... i wouldn't say that is plenty. We'll have to see how this season goes. 

He was comfortably England's best player in the tournament and probably best player of the whole tournament, didn't have his best game for most of today's match but that wasn't really his fault, it was the fault of the strange decision to play him and Scott almost like a double pivot when they're both very much attack minded players, would be like us trying to play Ramsey and Buendia as a double pivot in a final, I think very much a case of the England underestimating Israel there.

He improved once Iroegbunam came on and he was allowed to get forward more, Ramsey helped as well as they link up well with each other, I actually thought he did a lot of good defensive work today as well, won the ball back on quite a few occassions.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

He was comfortably England's best player in the tournament and probably best player of the whole tournament, didn't have his best game for most of today's match but that wasn't really his fault, it was the fault of the strange decision to play him and Scott almost like a double pivot when they're both very much attack minded players, would be like us trying to play Ramsey and Buendia as a double pivot in a final, I think very much a case of the England underestimating Israel there.

He improved once Iroegbunam came on and he was allowed to get forward more, Ramsey helped as well as they link up well with each other, I actually thought he did a lot of good defensive work today as well, won the ball back on quite a few occassions.

So he improved when his mates came on ?

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I think everyone assumed Salah would be at Liverpool this season. but was likely to run his contract down and leave on a free. 

Chuk hasn't said anything to assume he has his sights elsewhere. I wouldn't think its about money because if he'd signed a new contract last year, he'd have had 12 months of earning a far higher salary. I think it's more down to playing time if anything. IMO.

He's only had 312 mins of Premier League game time.... i wouldn't say that is plenty. We'll have to see how this season goes. 

Proof of the pudding and all that. 

10 hours ago, useless said:

They have a ‘golden player’ award so be interesting to see if he wins it. From what I can see only English player to win it previously was Mason Mount. Got a few players like Torres that went on to do big things. Some others I’ve never heard of.

Â