Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Also if we take off our claret and blue specs his agent has played an absolute blinder. 

I think we need to see what the actual results of all of this is before we declare anyone having played anything to be fair.

I bet Jack Wilshere or Dan Crowley's agents thought they played " blinders " too. Lol

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Northampton were telling him to stay put as a 13 year-old but off he went to bigger and better things. Now its turned full circls and we're offering the same arguments that Northampton probably did (well, not entirley but you get my drift).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Also if we take off our claret and blue specs his agent has played an absolute blinder. 

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

You’ll never know what would have happened had those players made different decisions and ultimately none of that is on the agent. It’s the player and their family that make the decision.

Surely you've just completely contradicted yourself. You are praising agents for squeezing every last penny they can for their client. But when presented with players for whom agents did that and it was absolutely the wrong move professionally for the athlete, you blame the player and their families.

Any good agent will understand where a player is going to best develop their career in addition to getting them an appropriate financial deal. An agent who solely focusses on the best money package at that point is doing their client a disservice.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we need to see what the actual results of all of this is before we declare anyone having played anything to be fair.

I bet Jack Wilshere or Dan Crowley's agents thought they played " blinders " too. Lol

Jack Wilshere? 

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Half this thread is slamming him for being arrogant thinking he can go and play for a better team and the other half is saying he’s defeatist for not backing himself against whoever we sign :)

I think you are misconstruing what is being said, from me.

• I am talking about, his inner self driving himself to be better and showing determination to improve, and forcing the manager in to playing him.
  • The other half as you put it, is saying his present form is not enough to force his way in, so his current attitude, could be interpreted as arrogant.....if another club is willing to play him on his present form, that's their call.

Your football is the conduit to do your talking for you.....his England form won't have done his situation any harm at all....but he has to do it in our first team.....Pre-season could be important for him.

However, its all about opinions, and its no surprise they vary from poster to poster.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Surely you've just completely contradicted yourself. You are praising agents for squeezing every last penny they can for their client. But when presented with players for whom agents did that and it was absolutely the wrong move professionally for the athlete, you blame the player and their families.

Any good agent will understand where a player is going to best develop their career in addition to getting them an appropriate financial deal. An agent who solely focusses on the best money package at that point is doing their client a disservice.

Life is riddled with representatives who purport to be acting in a clients best interests, but at the same time keep their own agenda, tightly under wraps.

Trust is becoming a rare commodity in this modern world.

Like everything, there are good agents and bad ones.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Where is the proof that either player suggested made a decision based solely on money?

Just because villa have made an offer doesn’t mean it’s the best offer (financial and non financial) for the player as much as we want him to stay.

Maybe the player has the view that his development is best placed away from Villa? 

The agent has played a blinder because his player currently holds *all* the cards and can make a decision based on what he wants to do.

It’s incredibly lazy to assume it’s just due to money or a dodgy agent if he does choose to leave. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Life is riddled with representatives who purport to be acting in a clients best interests, but at the same time keep their own agenda, tightly under wraps.

Trust is becoming a rare commodity in this modern world.

Like everything, there are good agents and bad ones.

I trust you TRO. I trust you 100%

I see Ian Foster (England U-19 Coach) is quoted in The Times today on Carney (can't link due to pay wall): 

“Carney leads with his performances. He’s not a big talker but he drives us forward, and gets supporters off their seats."

That should add a few pounds to his contract demands, either with us or elsewhere. 

11 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I actually agree with you BUT the gamble at his age is one bad injury and it’s all over having never earned real money. That’s why usually if you get offered four years at £30k age 18 or 19 you snap it up, because even if you lose a leg the next day you earn a few million and are set for life.

If he holds out he will def earn a larger number on that first big contract, whether from us or someone else, so I agree from that side it’s been very well managed, but it’s kind of betting your whole life on the deal. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John said:

I see Ian Foster (England U-19 Coach) is quoted in The Times today on Carney (can't link due to pay wall): 

“Carney leads with his performances. He’s not a big talker but he drives us forward, and gets supporters off their seats."

That should add a few pounds to his contract demands, either with us or elsewhere. 

Coming up against an Italy side with first-team Serie A players in as well - just dismissing it as ‘boys’ is missing a trick. It’s great for us he’s performing well on this stage, although of course guaranteed nothing. I really hope we lock a contract down though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Where is the proof that either player suggested made a decision based solely on money?

Just because villa have made an offer doesn’t mean it’s the best offer (financial and non financial) for the player as much as we want him to stay.

Maybe the player has the view that his development is best placed away from Villa? 

The agent has played a blinder because his player currently holds *all* the cards and can make a decision based on what he wants to do.

It’s incredibly lazy to assume it’s just due to money or a dodgy agent if he does choose to leave. 

I don't see how it can be money, money is easy to sort, he could get money anywhere.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gave up on trying to find a stream for this ffs.

One link lead me to a cooking show.

Soccerstreams100 will take you to one called poschitech and that's been OK for me all tournament 

Edit - also didn't have a clue how friendly the girls were in my area 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â