Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're involved in a contract negotiation.

Where would you say his lack of commitment has shown itself?

All the contracts of our younger talents were secured earlier in the season, they all committed to the club, in that time we have heard from 2 different managers that the club has held talks with the lad and still hasn't commited to his long term future at the club, hence lack of commitment,

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

All the contracts of our younger talents were secured earlier in the season, they all committed to the club, in that time we have heard from 2 different managers that the club has held talks with the lad and still hasn't commited to his long term future at the club, hence lack of commitment.

We signed him up to a three year deal. He signed a contract with us in 2020 - it's just a negotiation. It might well be that his representatives are demanding or awkward or both, but there's nothing to suggest that the player isn't committed - he trains, he travels and plays with the first team, he plays for the under 23's, he attends first team and youth team games when not selected, he's no different to most of our young players.

There's a while to go on this negotiation - the aim is for him to get a deal with us that works for us and for him - there's nothing wrong in the process, there's just this pressure in the press that for some reason makes this one more visible than most.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We signed him up to a three year deal. He signed a contact with us in 2020 - it's just a negotiation. It might well be that his representatives are demanding or awkward or both, but there's nothing to suggest that the player isn't committed - he trains, he travels and plays with the first team, he plays for the under 23's, he attends first team and youth team games when not selected, he's no different to most of our young players.

There's a while to go on this negotiation - the aim is for him to get a deal with us that works for us and for him - there's nothing wrong in the process, there's just this pressure in the press that for some reason makes this one more visible than most.

Like I said it's my opinion, your entitled to yours and I respect it, I'm from the opinion that you earn what your given

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Players have to agree to loans tbf. Doesn't just work like that. 

Besides which, we did that with his brother already. 

Livingston is getting a bad rap here😄

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not. Gerrard has confirmed it

Gerrard confirmed the club want him to sign. Carney’s team confirmed he wanted to wait until the end of the year (not unreasonable considering his age and the changes at Villa in the past 12 months).

If you can show me where the club have confirmed that he’s on the way out, I’ll accept your point, but at this stage that particular component is exactly what is been exacerbated and peddled by the tabloid press.

• Like 1

I think we are handling the situation well. He is still part of the match day squads, before his injury he was getting minutes here and there and he has been praised by gerrard on a couple of occasions in his post match interviews.

Its important for us to keep managing the situation well, whether he wants to stay or not has not been declared but if we want him as part of our future then we should keep having him in the match day squads and give him some minutes here and there. If he does say at the end of the season that he wishes to leave then we shouldn’t stand in his way. All of the youth players will see that there is a pathway to the first team and if they wish to leave we will not block them. This makes us an even better prospect for young talent in the future by showing them we will not force their hand.

Anyway, hopefully he stays and kicks on next season in a similar way to Ramsey this season compared to last

• Like 4

23 hours ago, pete101 said:

Like I said it's my opinion, your entitled to yours and I respect it, I'm from the opinion that you earn what your given

Understood and fair enough, I'm just trying to keep my opinion to the facts we know at the moment. 

At the moment, he really is not very good and has shown nothing to suggest he is even close to top flight ready. That is fine given his age and he still has the "p word" .... potential but I think he is no more than 20-30% likely to make a true Premier standard player at any age in the future. I agree with others that he desperately needs beefing up both physically and mentally with at least a season playing regular football on loan in League 1 or League 2, after which we'd be in a better position to assess his likely progress.

I hope he both stays here and makes the grade but he gives the impression he thinks he's already there and he really is nowhere near.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

At the moment, he really is not very good and has shown nothing to suggest he is even close to top flight ready. That is fine given his age and he still has the "p word" .... potential but I think he is no more than 20-30% likely to make a true Premier standard player at any age in the future. I agree with others that he desperately needs beefing up both physically and mentally with at least a season playing regular football on loan in League 1 or League 2, after which we'd be in a better position to assess his likely progress.

I hope he both stays here and makes the grade but he gives the impression he thinks he's already there and he really is nowhere near.

Its early days, I know.....but his body language to me seems to suggest, he is miffed by the physical challenges.

He strikes me a player, who likes to play with minimum physical contact......as opposed to a Conor Gallagher for example, who revels in it.

I  think he has a long way to go, whether he and his people think he has, is another matter.

I do think he has one eye on Jude Bellinghams career path, and wants to emulate it.....but hey ho.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 12:24, pete101 said:

Loan him to the worst, most remote place possible next season

We’ve loaned Small Heath enough over the years. 

6 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Based on what? 

The contract stuff doesnt mean he's Billy big bollocks, it more than likely means that his agent is, I still think the most likely thing is we will offer him a 4/5 year deal with theoretically the value of him and the average wage of the club rising all the time so the longer he waits the higher his wage will be, its not exactly daft from him, if he signs the contract then breaks through how much could he potentially under sell himself? £20-30k a week? A million a year for 5 years? Maybe he's still hoping to break through then sign the thing 

Then I also think he naturally has a languid style, no matter what he does, stay or leave, I think he'll have a lazy tag attached to him because of his body language, he's ozil not mcginn, but it's way too early to judge him on that 

Personally I think he's pretty much the same as Ramsey, he's having the same kind of impact on games as Ramsey did when he broke through and the two threads when it's just football talk and not money are very similar, lots of people questioning what he actually does and how good he will be

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Based on what? 

The contract stuff doesnt mean he's Billy big bollocks, it more than likely means that his agent is, I still think the most likely thing is we will offer him a 4/5 year deal with theoretically the value of him and the average wage of the club rising all the time so the longer he waits the higher his wage will be, its not exactly daft from him, if he signs the contract then breaks through how much could he potentially under sell himself? £20-30k a week? A million a year for 5 years? Maybe he's still hoping to break through then sign the thing 

Then I also think he naturally has a languid style, no matter what he does, stay or leave, I think he'll have a lazy tag attached to him because of his body language, he's ozil not mcginn, but it's way too early to judge him on that 

Personally I think he's pretty much the same as Ramsey, he's having the same kind of impact on games as Ramsey did when he broke through and the two threads when it's just football talk and not money are very similar, lots of people questioning what he actually does and how good he will be

Based primarily on his performances when he has come on and played. He gives the impression that he has nothing to prove and seems to just do the bare minimum. If he felt he had a point to prove - which he has - you would expect him to grab those opportunities by the scruff of the neck and he never does that.

He should recognise that he desperately needs to get regular game time at senior level and should be pushing for a loan move as many of his peers have done to their benefit. I really do think he believes he is Premier ready and he is nowhere near in truth.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Based primarily on his performances when he has come on and played. He gives the impression that he has nothing to prove and seems to just do the bare minimum. If he felt he had a point to prove - which he has - you would expect him to grab those opportunities by the scruff of the neck and he never does that.

He should recognise that he desperately needs to get regular game time at senior level and should be pushing for a loan move as many of his peers have done to their benefit. I really do think he believes he is Premier ready and he is nowhere near in truth.

I just don't think he's that player if I'm honest, I don't think busting a gut shirt soaked after 10 mins is his style of football, I think he's more calm and relaxed and wants to get on the ball and pass it around at his own pace, to do that in the PL he needs a lot more time to develop, I dont see him ever being mcginn hustle and bustle 

The guys who watch a lot of him at U23s level will know better than me

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 13:33, pete101 said:

Think I replied to why already.

Everyone has an opinion on the situation, I've expressed mine

Yeah, but unfortunately your opinion on this is daft, which is why people are responding with bemusement or disagreement.

Â