Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Sorry, but I don't see what he offers. 

Yes, he's very young and very raw, but other than hitting a post v Spurs, he's offered no glimpses into what he could develop into or bring to the team long term. Just another run of the mill Midfielder. 

I hope I'm wrong but other than the mistake he made and seems to have not had a look since because of, I don't know why he's getting minutes over Sanson. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Yes, he's very young and very raw, but other than hitting a post v Spurs, he's offered no glimpses into what he could develop into or bring to the team long term. Just another run of the mill Midfielder. 

I hope I'm wrong but other than the mistake he made and seems to have not had a look since because of, I don't know why he's getting minutes over Sanson

To convince him to stay.  The Club obviously rate him highly and don't want him to run his contract down.  But I agree, he hasn't looked that impressive apart from a few moments, and he is still very young.  If I was Sanson though i'd be extremely annoyed that an 18 year old kid is getting more minutes just to appease his agent.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mister_a said:

I'm not sure what these cameos are doing, apart from trying to persuade him to stay.

Exposure to first team football and aiding his development, that’s what youth development looks like, not every 18 year old is going to burst on to scene like 18 year old Lionel Messi, or 16 year old Wayne Rooney.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

To convince him to stay.  The Club obviously rate him highly and don't want him to run his contract down.  But I agree, he hasn't looked that impressive apart from a few moments, and he is still very young.  If I was Sanson though i'd be extremely annoyed that an 18 year old kid is getting more minutes just to appease his agent.

I think he’s looked good when he’s come on. Not just hitting the post against Spurs either, nearly scored vs Man City and created a goal vs Norwich through that run and assist.

One could ask Sanson what he’s done? Especially since Sanson has in fact played almost twice as many minutes as Chukwuemeka, since Gerrard took over.

Why do people make up a scnario in their head and then talk about it like it's reality, it's like when people think they know what Chukwuemeka is thinking and accuse him of not signing a contract because he thinks he can play for a bigger club and then get mad at him for it, even though it's a made up scenario, of course we're not giving him game time just so he will sign another contract.

Besides doe it not ultimately add up to the same thing, if we rate him so highly that we'd give game time in order to convince him to sign a new contract then that in itself shows how much the club like him as a player and so it follows that they would give him game time, he's not just some token academy player, he's the best player we've had at U23 level since Grealish, and those at the club probably see him as a much bigger part of our future than Sanson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I understand the cameos and its a good way of developing. My issue is he hasnt signed the deal and we might be wasting our time 

This is more on the agent than the player 

Surely there is a time and place for cameos for young players? Ideally, not when we have only 1 win in 5 games and out of form.

15 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I hope I'm wrong but other than the mistake he made and seems to have not had a look since because of, I don't know why he's getting minutes over Sanson. 

^^^ THIS ^^^

I get the "potential" thing but he's had quite a few cameo performances and never seems to show anything. Even Gerrard hinted that he needs to show on the pitch what he shows in training so if that isn't happening then now is not the time. Equally, if he is messing around with contract negotiations then leave him be. Don't see why we should be putting ourselves out for somebody who seems to think he's bigger and better than he really is. Send him out to League 1/2 for a few months of bump and grind on muddy pitches and if he performs as others have/are then maybe he can come back a better option.

• Like 1

I'm baffled why people are even moaning about him being given a chance, he's played 188 minutes that's about two games and ten minutes worth of football spread over nine appearances, he's only been on the pitch for more than twenty minutes three times. It's not as if he's been poor when he's come on in games he's been adequate to good, and truth be told no worse than most a lot of our other players, so it's not like he's coming on and having to be carried by the others.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

If he's not going to sign a new contract, stick him in the reserves.

Hate all of this 'next Pogba' bollocks, pandering to him to get him to sign, if he doesn't want to sign then he can sod off, i don't care how talented he is.

Round and round in pointless circles....

EDIT: I think you might want to reconsider your 'like' of this post, Mister_a.

Edited by AvonVillain
  • Like 1

Could be a great player in the future, but right now I haven’t seen him have any real impact in any game, a side from a decent assist vs Norwich when their guy Gilmore was having a stinker all night.

I think we’ve let the contract situation rumble on for too long, it should have been decided one way or the other in January (at least) so we know whether to commit to giving him more of a go, loaning him out or binning him off entirely. We shouldn’t develop him just for him to go somewhere else when his contract expires, and crucially he shouldn’t be in the team unless he proves he is ready to make a significant impact, which at the moment in my eyes he hasn’t.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Round and round in pointless circles....

EDIT: I think you might want to reconsider your 'like' of this post, Mister_a.

I agree, that's why I liked it. We tend to do some sort of round and round with most of our players. 

Â