Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah pretty much this for me too. hoping we have multiple irons in multiple fires though

I see it as Sheffield utd are weaker without Henderson and haven't done much either, Fulham have done a bit but nothing special

As much as I'd want them here now we don't have to have new players for the first games, if we play like we ended last season we will compete 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I see it as Sheffield utd are weaker without Henderson and haven't done much either, Fulham have done a bit but nothing special

As much as I'd want them here now we don't have to have new players for the first games, if we play like we ended last season we will compete 

This is what scares me, that we may just wait and see with samatta, trez connor and a few others. Just flipping 10m players till a few click would see us same as last year, we need a statement signing or 2 that can bed in rather then wait and give everyone else a head start.

2 hours ago, mallett said:

Well I am bored.

I wonder if it has been long enough that we can once again start listing players we would like Villa to sign during the window - like we were doing much earlier in this thread.

My revised list based on recent rumours for £100m:

Odsonne Edouard £30m - pace, counter attack threat, goals, dead ball threat, striker

Benrahma £25m - LW - Jack may well want Villa to have a viable option for the role so he can move to his favourite position of 8 (and so Southgate doesn't keep comparing him to players like Sancho)

Ethan Ampadu - £17m - DM/RCB - £17m - covers / competes with Konsa and Luiz but also gives us better options for switching to three at the back or joining Luiz as DM and playing 4 2 3 1, also offers option of Konsa moving to RB for some games and him covering RCB. Could also be that he plays the pivot and Luiz moves to other midfield slot.

Marcus Edwards - £13m - RW - pace, tricks, dead ball ability - cheaper option

Rico Henry - £15m - LB - offers pace as opposed to Targett. Targett needs the competition, for me he has come back looking a bit heavy in the preseason training videos.

Out: Jota, Taylor, Lansbury, Kalinic, Engels, AEG etc. - the outs should just about offset the incoming so that net spend is about £100m allowing for some jiggery pokery.

Prefer us to go big for Edouard rather than cheap with Watkins.

AEG has more ability than Trezeguet but Trez worked harder for it and I would want the squad to know that hard work counts for more than talent on its own.

Engels is too slow for the Premier league and seems to have fallen out with Smith. I want the defence to push further up the pitch and I think Engel's lack of pace is an issue for that.

I don't think Rashica wants to come.

Marcus Edwards is not the required quality to play as our wide forward on the left, if we are spending 15m on a left back we can do much better than Rico Henry, I think the other three players you have ear marked are debatable (but lets face it so is everyone's)

As for the outs I definitely agree on Engels he is to slow and he turns like an oil tanker, I of course agree on the others listed but not our existing wide forwards as they need to be squad players for the upcoming season.

I have listed my preferences here before but as you are doing it, I guess I will too and just as an FYI I want to play a 4-2-3-1

Here is my shortlist so to speak.

For the forwards I would go for one of Edouard (35m), Iheanacho(25m), Watkins (25m)

Wide forwards two of Buendia (20m), Sarr (30m), Rashica (25m), Benrahma (25m), (Eze 20m)

One midfielder which would have been Weston McKennie after seeing all the recommendations on here I checked him out, but there are alternatives in James McCarthy (5m), Loftus-Cheek (20m or loan)

Left back I would sign Owen Wijndal (10m) from Az in Holland

Right back Max Aarons (20m)

1 Centre back from John Stones (20m), Ethan Ampadu (20m) although there are quite a number to choose from.

So I would probably go for .

Stones, Aarons, Wijndal (50m)
Loftus-Cheek, Buendia, Rashica (65m)
Edouard (35m)

That is roughly what we spent last year and I would TRY and get rid of .....

Kalinic, Nyland, Engels, Taylor, Elmo, Bree, Lansbury, Jota, and Hogan raising 10 - 15 million and I would probably throw half of that at stoke for Jack Butland in the hope he hasn't become Joe Hart MkII

I see that team being inside the top half and an excellent base to reassess next summer to trim players not up to the task of finishing every year in the top half.

Ps I could have traded Loftus-Cheek for McCarthy or taken him on loan if possible and got Eze

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sheffield United were awful post-lockdown. Could easily sink further into the lower half of mid table this coming season. 

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

if smith complains about prices he can go back to championship

Smith isn't in charge of the money, so even if he did complain about prices, this logic would make no sense, as it's up to the board whether or not to pay certain fees, for certain players.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's so boring, RayK has taken to arguing with himself.

:(

Shows that I’m ....unhinged....sorry balanced...I mean unhinged....no balanced  😂😉🤣

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Smith isn't in charge of the money, so even if he did complain about prices, this logic would make no sense, as it's up to the board whether or not to pay certain fees, for certain players.

well having read that we dont want get into bidding wars  over watkins sometimes you ve got to compete by increasing bid as long as its not obscene amount

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sheffield United were awful post-lockdown. Could easily sink further into the lower half of mid table this coming season. 

They spectacularly over performed last season given their wage bill and transfers in. Even if they had come 17th that would have been a big achievement. Wilder is a great manager but they might struggle next season unless they get the bunce out as teams will learn how to play against them.