Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

39 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Avtransfers (supposedly the guy that sees new signings being booked in for medicals) has posted on twitter.

It's a pic of a house with an arrow.

Sorry i dunno how to link it here!

Home(r) Simpson. 

We're signing Danny Simpson. 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest it's not IMO.

The most important thing is that we've GOT THE MONEY to spend.

Even if we miss out on certain targets, we go for others.

Exactly. Why are people stressing? It's essentially the first week of pre-season as of today. In a normal transfer window, nothing much happens in June as players are on holiday. It all starts in July when they're back. It's kind of like the first week of July now. Absolutely no reason to panic.

It’s a bit weird, for the last week or so I’ve been conditioning myself that Trez/El Ghazi will be updated by the likes of Raschica, Benrahma and Beundia, Jack gets moved to AM and we buy a ST like Edouard to put away the zillion chances we’d create.

But how much of that depends moving on some of Wes, Samatta, Trez and El Ghazi?

The more I see links to Sisto, Obafemi......and even Watkins for that matter.....I’d does make me wonder whether we want to continue with Wes and play wide forwards rather than wingers alongside him? I mean something different to El Ghazi and Trez because we can’t shift them.

I can envisage a front three of Watkins, Wes and Obafemi.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Thats great news from Percy.

On AV_transfers, thats not the original guy who knew about the medicals. It's a fake piggybacker that is pretending to be. He doesn't even type messages the same as the original guy.

Yep, he's a fraud.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest it's not IMO.

The most important thing is that we've GOT THE MONEY to spend.

Even if we miss out on certain targets, we go for others.

Having the money and using the money well are two different things.

Theres a very good chance we don’t attract our first choice targets and end up with less than the quality required to move up the table. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Or we’re going to pay the wages to these players to get the ball rolling. Who knows? Things aren’t the same as they were pre NSWE, as shown last summer when we knew next to **** all about any signings until they were almost being announced. They clearly like to keep things in house, and as frustrating as it is for all of us, I do prefer us doing our business that way.

I don’t think wages are the issue, it’s more a case of to the outside world we are viewed as a team that scraped survival and likely will be in a similar predicament next season. 

All it would take would be one marquee signing to help with that, but I don’t think it is possible. Proper players just won’t want to come. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s a bit weird, for the last week or so I’ve been conditioning myself that Trez/El Ghazi will be updated by the likes of Raschica, Benrahma and Beundia, Jack gets moved to AM and we buy a ST like Edouard to put away the zillion chances we’d create.

But how much of that depends moving on some of Wes, Samatta, Trez and El Ghazi?

The more I see links to Sisto, Obafemi......and even Watkins for that matter.....I’d does make me wonder whether we want to continue with Wes and play wide forwards rather than wingers alongside him? I mean something different to El Ghazi and Trez because we can’t shift them.

I can envisage a front three of Watkins, Wes and Obafemi.

Thoughts?

I think Smith knows we need far more fire power full stop. I think they will buy a key forward and this will be direct competition for Wesley. PL campaign have to start on day 1 of the  new season and we wont risk waiting to see if Wes is up to it, they will need a decent and reliable source of goals. I see Edouard or similar AND Watkins (who offers wide right as an option as well as CF).

If that earlier tweet is anything like truthful it may be that the deals for two players are done but the club is under an embargo until the selling club has a replacement in place so they dont get stiffed on prices.

I also think we will get one further forward: either Benrahma or Rashica. I dont really see any one from last season leaving this window other than maybe Davis on loan.

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think Smith knows we need far more fire power full stop. I think they will buy a key forward and this will be direct competition for Wesley. PL campaign have to start on day 1 of the  new season and we wont risk waiting to see if Wes is up to it, they will need a decent and reliable source of goals. I see Edouard or similar AND Watkins (who offers wide right as an option as well as CF).

If that earlier tweet is anything like truthful it may be that the deals for two players are done but the club is under an embargo until the selling club has a replacement in place so they dont get stiffed on prices.

I also think we will get one further forward: either Benrahma or Rashica. I dont really see any one from last season leaving this window other than maybe Davis on loan.

Completely agree on the need for more firepower,I guess the million dollar question is how we achieve that.

ie a top draw ST backed up by fantastic wingers or three forwards who’ll score 20-25 goals between them.

As it happens, that’s the thing I think won’t happen though.....signing Edoaurd / similar and Watkins......it’ll be one or the other imo.

39 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Exactly. Why are people stressing? It's essentially the first week of pre-season as of today. In a normal transfer window, nothing much happens in June as players are on holiday. It all starts in July when they're back. It's kind of like the first week of July now. Absolutely no reason to panic.

Not disagreeing with you but I think it’s because we start the season in 3.5 weeks and we have had many the season when signing players late puts on the back foot and we don’t get off to a good start because players aren’t settled.  We are basically equivalent of mid July.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Thats great news from Percy.

On AV_transfers, thats not the original guy who knew about the medicals. It's a fake piggybacker that is pretending to be. He doesn't even type messages the same as the original guy.

Cheers, thought it was the same guy!

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not disagreeing with you but I think it’s because we start the season in 3.5 weeks and we have had many the season when signing players late puts on the back foot and we don’t get off to a good start because players aren’t settled.  We are basically equivalent of mid July.

Yep. 

At the moment we have nyland playing in goal and still have a forward group of samtta and davis. 

We can't start the season like that. 

• Like 2

Wow, that @BradJones76 is spouting like a canary, reckons he has a reliable inside knowledge of Villa.

Claims both Watkins and Edouard are main targets and likely Wes or Samatta will leave, most likely Wes as there is a lot of interest in him. Reckons we will go in strong for Benrahma when he gets back too. Also Rashica remains a firm interest.