Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yeah, maybe. I think they'll hold on to him for quite a while though as they could get 6 years out of him and still sell him for a big old wedge as he's coming into his prime. In the meantime Hickey will always be second choice. 

Yep, I think the 12-18 month bit was the minimum until Hickey gets up to speed.

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Good clubs kinda like to have multiple options at each position. A new thing to us but it is a thing.

There has been a lot of talk that Bayern are not willing to meet David Alaba's contract demands and that they might be open to selling him.

It's mental.

It's why I get so frustated when every single time we are linked to a decent player, it must mean "Player x" is off!

It's like a foreign concept to alot of our fans.

We need to either have a starter, and a shit backup to moan about, or bust. 

lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Interesting to see us linked to Sisto today

Now I’m hoping this comparison doesn’t turn into a Edouard / Kodjia one but apart from the goals tally, Sisto has a little bit of Mane about  him?

Very different player to Rashica and Benrahma but I really think he might be a good buy for us....and a better option than Trez/El Ghazi the LW should Jack move AM.

It is a shame because with the FFP relief next season this is a rare opportunity for us to benefit from our backers, but this window will be much more subdued than what everyone is hoping for, solely because we cannot attract the type of player that we need to improve.

We so desperately need a proper striker and a set of wingers, but in reality we are just not going to be able to tempt the calibre of player we need to really kick on, so it is going to be marginal, more incremental progress at best. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

It is a shame because with the FFP relief next season this is a rare opportunity for us to benefit from our backers, but this window will be much more subdued than what everyone is hoping for, solely because we cannot attract the type of player that we need to improve.

We so desperately need a proper striker and a set of wingers, but in reality we are just not going to be able to tempt the calibre of player we need to really kick on, so it is going to be marginal, more incremental progress at best. 

Or we’re going to pay the wages to these players to get the ball rolling. Who knows? Things aren’t the same as they were pre NSWE, as shown last summer when we knew next to **** all about any signings until they were almost being announced. They clearly like to keep things in house, and as frustrating as it is for all of us, I do prefer us doing our business that way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Avtransfers (supposedly the guy that sees new signings being booked in for medicals) has posted on twitter.

It's a pic of a house with an arrow.

Sorry i dunno how to link it here!

The guy got shutdown a couple of years back. The account isn't ITK any more. 

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not being funny but his Twitter account is like 17 days old right? And most of his journalistic career has been based in Romania.

i don’t think I’ll be holding my breath until 12 noon tomorrow.

Edited by rayk