Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Well I called it right with straight sets. 

Just got the player wrong.  :blush:

Fair do's, deserved result, Murray really had to did deep, in that final game especially. TBH I think his sheer athleticism was a major factor, as well as his mental strength. 

Having said that, straight sets makes it sound like a walkover, which it most definitely wasn't. 

I just wish he'd smile for once. He can go out and have a fish supper and ten pints of heavy tonight. 

• Like 1

Some of the drop shots Djok was pulling off were absolutely unbelievable.  But then Murray somehow reaches them, in 100 degree heat, in a major final and you just knew he'd go on to win it.  

He was faultless all the way up to his 3 championship points.

Pleased for him :)

He said he was really tired during that last game and that if he hadn't of won it who knows what would have happened.

I thought that myself when he lost those 3 Championship points.

I was thinking if Djok won that game there was a very real chance he'd go on and win the set, and he was looking a lot more comfortable with the heat than Murray, so could have won the match from there.

Imagine if Murray had been that close and not won.

I seem to recall at the US Open final that the commentators said no one has ever come back from 2 sets to 0 down in a grand slam final and won 3-2

that's not to say it can't happen , and I was thinking the same thing as others when Murray lost those championship points 

but it suggests it's a huge feat to do so

• Like 1

Watching all of Andy Murray's games I was wondering, every 20-30 seconds or so what Andy's girlfriend thought about the previous passage of play. Luckily, the BBC were 1 step ahead of me and cut to her face, sometimes in super slow motion after every bloody point.

• Like 3

Watching all of Andy Murray's games I was wondering, every 20-30 seconds or so what Andy's girlfriend thought about the previous passage of play. Luckily, the BBC were 1 step ahead of me and cut to her face, sometimes in super slow motion after every bloody point.

the shot of slow mo where they showed she had a blue tongue was particularly good wasn't it !!

I liked the thoughtful  way they were able to stop the perverts at home ejaculating too quickly by then switching to a  shot of his mum though  ...

• Like 3

the shot of slow mo where they showed she had a blue tongue was particularly good wasn't it !!

I liked the thoughtful  way they were able to stop the perverts at home ejaculating too quickly by then switching to a  shot of his mum though  ...

:D

Glad to see Andy win Wimbledon. He played superb and won it in style. Next goal is to get to World No1. He needs to defend his US Open title first though. 

Federer at no5 still throws up possible tricky quarter finals for someone

Â