Relegation thread

Knutserov13

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

Feels like everything is going our way. Surely that in itself should fire our lads up. 

All it needs is Watford 0-4 Man. City and the Villa Park PA to read that result as they go off from the warm up and that's the team talk done

There really is no excuse now. 4 points and I'm very confident that will be enough. Up to the team to grow some balls and get the job done, we've had more than enough chances since restart.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Christ, just realised we could climb out of the bottom 3 by Tuesday night!

Yeah sure.

We are well capable in beating Arsenal 4-0 ;) 

* edit Watford play before us. Nevermind 

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

God, I know every team has ifs buts and maybes but that late late equiliser by Everton is such a sickener. We really didn't deserve it and if the football gods are looking on they need to allow us something at Arsenal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Might stick a tenner on both. 

But if Watford get a point and we lose we are down

The aggregate scores between Man. City and Watford since 2016 must add up to about 30-1 in Man. City's favour. I'd be amazed if Mullins comes up with a gameplan to nulify them.

Arsenal on last day is more of a worry but we play them aswell. It would probably be fitting (for neutrals) if we rolled over meekly to Arsenal and Watford went there and got at least a draw as would sum up our defeatist mentality all season against any reasonably good team in this league.

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Man City are totally unpredictable. They've lost a huge number of games for a side coming second and have nothing at all left to play for. Fingers crossed, but it's no certainty. 

I’d like to think Pep’s gonna want to send a message after last night. Also without looking, be interesting to see the last time Man City lost 2 on the bounce.

Slightly concerned that even if we beat Arsenal, they might rest their side for the cup final vs Watford so we'd need to win both games. I think regardless of what happens before and elsewhere, we have to beat West Ham.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Need Man. City to knock 3-4 past Watford for that to be reasonably realistic. Could happen of course.

I think it could definitely happen. As long as we only lose to Arsenal by one goal, we have a very good chance of staying up if Man City beat Watford by 2 or 3. 

A point vs Arsenal would be massive. A win, and I think we could afford to lose to West Ham and stay up! 

Its tight. Could come down to goals scored! 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, a 1-0 loss to Arsenal right now would not be a terrible result. 

(As mad as that sounds) 

Yeah. Fully expecting a loss. If we can keep it as low as 1-0 then that would be okay.