Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think the West Ham game will matter.

We'll be well cut off drift by then.

Ha ha. We’ll be 6 points behind with two to play. Win them both and get relegated on goal difference! It’s the villa way

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. We’ll be 6 points behind with two to play. Win them both and get relegated on goal difference! It’s the villa way

I think Man United will do us by at least 4 goals.

If we are level on points with Watford after 38, it should be based on who has more social media followers.

That would justify Samatta and Trez joining us.

• Haha 1

Don't think it is - the two relegations I've known haven't even been close.

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

I hope we beat Man Ure just so that I can watch these miserable types change their tune in the hope nobody notices their u-turns !  

I've been hoping that week after week. Especially hoping Davies will score.  But it just doesn't happen. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

When people were doing permutations for the past week, everybody had Watford getting 3 points today, and 5/6 points overall. Unless they got 6 points for today's victory, I'm failing to see how this means we're down.

Seriously ?

The only way we stayed up was if Watford kept losing - and tonight they won.

Were are 4pts behind with an inferior goal difference and Man u up next. 

We are effectively down - you can't seriously think otherwise???

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

The only way we stayed up was if Watford kept losing - and tonight they won.

Were are 4pts behind with an inferior goal difference and Man u up next. 

We are effectively down - you can't seriously think otherwise???

I do think otherwise 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s what Sheff Utd were supposed to do and then Chelsea but didnt

Not only do we have an unbelievably bad record against Man United, we’re playing them now on a 16 game unbeaten streak where they scored 43 goals.

Not sure I recall anyone suggesting Sheffield we’re going to thrash us. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Not only do we have an unbelievably bad record against Man United, we’re playing them now on a 16 game unbeaten streak where they scored 43 goals.

Not sure I recall anyone suggesting Sheffield we’re going to thrash us. 

Haha I remember having a number of arguments about Sheff Utd thrashing us because apparently they would easily out muscle us.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

no, because this was the game theyd win. I honestly believe theh wont get any other points. We will.

Based on what? Blind faith? The form and table doesn’t lie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Haha I remember having a number of arguments about Sheff Utd thrashing us because apparently they would easily out muscle us.

Luckily for us they were shit, and yet we still didn’t win :lol: 

• Like 2

Of course we're not relegated yet, there are still fifteen points to play for, wouldnt' take the most amazing set of results for us to be within one or two points of either West Ham or Watford by the end of the weekend. I'm not especially hopeful, but it's not over yet, and certainly if we were in Watford's position I'd still be nervous.

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

When people were doing permutations for the past week, everybody had Watford getting 3 points today, and 5/6 points overall. Unless they got 6 points for today's victory, I'm failing to see how this means we're down.

I think it's just the psychological position of being four points adrift.

If they had just lost to Man City and Norwich was their last game of the season it would be pretty much the same points accumulation they would get but we would be still only a point behind now. 

But I completely get what you are saying 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Of course we're not relegated yet, there are still fifteen points to play for, wouldnt' take the most amazing set of results for us to be within one or two points of either West Ham or Watford by the end of the weekend. I'm not especially hopeful, but it's not over yet, and certainly if we were in Watford's position I'd still be nervous.

Watford 4 points ahead of us. Yes, they must be quaking right now.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

In reality, as soon as the window shut we cemented what would happen. And then in January the likes of drinkwater and baston show the levels of desperation we were at. 

I've got no problems with going down. Premier league football is dying. Its more for fans abroad now and just making up the numbers can get **** really.

I feel the same, the premier league is toxic, I actually enjoyed last season more even though I couldn’t watch as many games I spent more time on here especially on match days.