Relegation thread

Knutserov13

I don't get it, were people expecting Watford to not win another game until the end of the season? This was the closest to a dead cert among the lot for them. If they didn't win this one but beat Newcastle before we played Palace, would we be down then? Still 15 points to play for, as well as Watford and West Ham playing each other.

• Like 4

We have scored two goals since the restart both by defenders from set plays. We are absolutely awful, not sure why we have come out of this lock down completely nullifying any attacking ability and focusing on keeping it tight, we can't defend our way out of this. It's too little too late, we needed to go for it against Newcastle and Sheff Utd.

If people think we're relegated because Watford have beat Norwich then we were already relegated before the game started because Watford were always going to win.

What will decide it is how the table looks after we've played Palace, if we win that then the furthest Watford can be from us is four points, which is catchable with the games they have left to play. If Newcastle can do us a favor, or if we can get a surprise result tomorrow then they might not even be four points ahead of us after the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope we beat Man Ure just so that I can watch these miserable types change their tune in the hope nobody notices their u-turns !  

We were only ever going to avoid the drop by winning games so tonight was irrelevant. It was and still is entirely down to us to win three out of the last five games. If we do that, we are safe and if we don't, we go down and deservedly so.

I'm not ready to give up on this yet ! #UTV #VTID

• Like 1

We can keep harping on about what Bournemouth and Watford and West Ham are doing and talking about their results. We can have zero complaints, things have gone pretty well around us since we resumed. We need points. Thursday. 3 of them. Keeping an eye on what the rest is doing is counter productive in our form. We aren't staying in the league on 27 so........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

I hope we beat Man Ure just so that I can watch these miserable types change their tune in the hope nobody notices their u-turns !  

Changing your mind based on things that happen is a U turn? Amazing.

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

We were only ever going to avoid the drop by winning games so tonight was irrelevant. It was and still is entirely down to us to win three out of the last five games. If we do that, we are safe and if we don't, we go down and deservedly so.

I'm not ready to give up on this yet ! #UTV #VTID

Zero wins in the last 9 games.. 2 goals scored in the last 5

There's optimism and then there's this.

We are relegated. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

We can keep harping on about what Bournemouth and Watford and West Ham are doing and talking about their results. We can have zero complaints, things have gone pretty well around us since we resumed. We need points. Thursday. 3 of them. Keeping an eye on what the rest is doing is counter productive in our form. We aren't staying in the league on 27 so........

Correct, stop feeling hard done by because Watford beat bottom of the league. It's time to rely on ourselves and win some games. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't get it, were people expecting Watford to not win another game until the end of the season? This was the closest to a dead cert among the lot for them. If they didn't win this one but beat Newcastle before we played Palace, would we be down then? Still 15 points to play for, as well as Watford and West Ham playing each other.

Not expecting, but hoping. Since we are so crap, the only hope was that Watford is even crapper and we get lucky with one win or a couple draws. And now that scenario is out of the window, together with our hope.

I keep forgetting Norwich went up as the Champions and Shef Utd came second but the blades have had by far the better season.  I don't think Norwich had to do such a major rebuild as us either. However last year I was never that impressed, they just went on a really good run from about November/December time onwards with Pukki scoring for fun. You kind of forget how big the drop off in quality the championship is to the prem.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

If people think we're relegated because Watford have beat Norwich then we were already relegated before the game started because Watford were always going to win.

What will decide it is how the table looks after we've played Palace, if we win that then the furthest Watford can be from us is four points, which is catchable with the games they have left to play. If Newcastle can do us a favor, or if we can get a surprise result tomorrow then they might not even be four points ahead of us after the weekend.

No surprise results from this team, no way. 

Just now, AVTuco said:

Not expecting, but hoping. Since we are so crap, the only hope was that Watford is even crapper and we get lucky with one win or a couple draws. And now that scenario is out of the window, together with our hope.

I think if Newcastle can turn them over it's all to play for. We have 2 great opportunities in Palace and Everton to get points (so 1 more than them if they lose 2 Newcastle). We both play Arsenal, which can go either way, and depending on things go West Ham could be a great opportunity for us as well. All's not lost. Watford are just as bad as us. 

That’s pretty much that now. 

We will go down, not because of this game but because we didn’t make the most of the easier run we had. Only ourselves to blame. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

That’s pretty much that now. 

We will go down, not because of this game but because we didn’t make the most of the easier run we had. Only ourselves to blame. 

no it's not

well thats it then, lets throw the towel in and pack up now.

Cancel your Sky sports, NBC sports, ABC sports or whatever channel you watch Villa on and wait until the championship starts...

ffs, we are still in with a shout.....the last umpteen posts say we are already down. Until it is mathmatecally confirmed we still have a chance.

yes, Watford won, but on that performance against Norwich i would not bet on them getting another win. Maybe a draw or two.

We still have a chance and we have to believe we have a chance.....yes, it's going to be hard and it is more than likely we will drop.....but but keep the faith

If we were in the trenches in the war and were going over the top and i looked behind me most of you lot would be running the other way !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1